Prologue

I follow the little white trail of petals into the forest. The trees surrounding me are large and green, with very little leaves on them that flow with the wind. Considering it's fall, barley any leaves are on them at all. The sun isn't out today, but in London it rarely ever is, so for the time being I am stuck with gloomy weather and humid air.

My blue eyes graze over the dead flowers in the bushes as I pass by- it's uncommon but it happens every so-often when the sun doesn't reach certain spots in it. Sadness boils within me. How can something so fucking beautiful die in such a tragic way?

When I realize the petals have come to a stop, I stop too. Resting beforehand is a little wooden cabin covered in vines and leaves from the trees. The wind makes the fragile infrastructure groan, almost as if it were alive, just very very old. Most windows in frame are tucked in at an angle and are busted and black, along with the side of the house. The shudders are a grass green with chippings on the cracks of them.

My eye brows furrow.

Why would they take me here? I think as I step over them.

They seem to follow me as I do.

The wooden floor creaks when I take a step inside the unfamiliar landscape, making me slightly cautious on where I move. It's abandoned, like I figured. It's kind of like the houses in the movies where the girl in the beginning goes into a creepy house and finds something that scares her. Then she runs and dies. I'm more intrigued than scared. Plus, those girls are total pussy's.

My heartbeat speeds up as the main door slams shut behind me. I gulp. Okay, maybe I'm the pussy right now.

Shake it off, it was probably just the wind.

"Why hello dear."

I jump around to see a small old woman with a scarlet cape around her neck and big green eyes that slightly match my own. She smiles warmly at me as I take a step back.

"Yes, they told me you'd be beautiful." She chuckles.

My wide eyes blink. Is this lady lost? Does she live here?

"Who did?"

"Well the spirits did, of course."

Spirits?

This lady is fucking insane.

I take another small step back, assuming to turn around and leave. Something definitely doesn't feel right here. You don't just find random old people in the middle of forests.

"You see, you have a gift. A very special one at that."

Yep she's definitely insane.

I chuckle, "And what kind of gift is that?"

"The gift of sight." She speaks slowly, almost serious looking.

"Mkay, well I'll be leaving now. Thank you for that." I started to walk to the door when she spoke again.

"Don't ignore this. You will experience things beyond your imagination that needs an explanation."

"Listen lady, you're fucking crazy and I have no clue what you're talking about. Goodbye."

With that said, I walked straight out onto the path I came to and started to head in the direction of home.