The Burrow

The two men were greeted by Hermione as they entered the Burrow. She fussed over Ron a bit before leading them into the kitchen. The entire family had gathered for Ron's birthday. They all set down and ate too much, laughed too loud, and teared up together as they talked about loved ones missing from the table. They teased each other in a way only a happy family could.

       “Mum,” Ron whined at his mother, while smiling at Harry. “Harry said I have grey hair and he called me old”

        “Everyone gets older, Ronald dear,” Molly said warmly. “Just because Harry hasn't got the greys yet doesn't mean he won't.”

         After cake, ice cream, and presents (Ron and Harry were extremely amused by a pocket watch sent from Professor McGonagall), they all gathered in the living room. The children had all been sent to bed, fully excited about having a sleepover at their grandparents. Harry and Ron told Ginny and Hermione about their encounter with Malfoy.

            The two women listened before Hermione commented. “There are rumors at the ministry that Draco has been given a special assignment. I'm not sure what it is, but according to talk on the lunchroom it was given to him because he's been exposed to dark magic and darker species since he was a child. There are even whispers of it having to do with the vampire accords. If he's found something, he could have drawn the attention of undesirables.”

((A/N Sorry this is short. It's just a segue to help the story progress. You'll be seeing a few sections like this as we go along.))