Chapter 17

After Matthew walks out, you decide to take a shower. In the shower, you begin to think as Alt-j plays in the background. Their music always made you think for some reason. Bryan is a very chaotic and unstable person. He always brought out the darkness in you, and part of you thinks he was part of the destructivity of youth. He was the boyfriend your parents hated, and the boyfriend who got you addicted to drugs and sex and partying. He was a thing of the past, and you have begun to realize that. He was your first love, so there's a lot of emotions attached to him, which is why you still feel connected to him. But thinking about it, he is not in your future. He will always be a boyfriend to you, he's not the type you'd marry or have kids with if you wanted them. Matt on the other hand, is a very secure person. He feels deeply for you and is open with his feelings, and is looking for something more serious. You don't know if you're quite as serious as Matt, but when it comes down to it all, you'd rather date someone like Matt rather than Bryan. Your gut is telling you to pick Matt, but you hate saying goodbye to Bryan. Once you get out of the shower the sun is already come up. You check your clock and see that it is 7 am. You decide to finally go to sleep. Maybe you'll call Matt when you wake up. 

        You wake up at 10 am, only getting 4 hours of sleep. You immediately think of Matt, and that's when you know he's the one. You grab your phone off of your night stand and dial Matt's number. It rings twice and is immediately picked up. "Hello? Winter? I've been up since I left your apartment waiting for you to call," Matt says a tad bit excitedly. "Yes," you chuckle. "It's me. I decided that I'm ready for a relationship with you. This time for real." "Really?" Matt asks excitedly. "Yes, really. I think I love you too and I see myself having a future with you, not Bryan." "May I come over then?" Matt asks "I miss you already." You chuckle. "Yes you may. I miss you too." the line ends and you decide to call Bryan and explain to him what happened last night.