•The Return•

It was strange for her to be back, she just stood there staring at the tall clock tower in the centre of Mystic Falls. The last time she had been in Mystic Falls was 1864. She can remember those days like they were yesterday:

The bumpiness of the carriage rolling over the cobble sent vibrations through Emily's body as she looked ahead at the large, white mansion and the two young boys standing outside waiting for their arrival. Katherine Pierce stepped out of the carriage first and immediately spoke to the youngest boy, clearly interested in him. Emily saw a young woman with deep skin who she faintly recognised but couldn't pinpoint from where, lurking behind the wall. Emily had seen her in multiple places, perhaps she was following her. Ignoring that nagging feeling in the pit of her stomach, Emily walked towards the older boy. She was immediately captivated by his luscious, black locks and icy, crystal blue eyes. He took her tan hand in his own and leaned down to kiss it, never breaking eye contact. Emily could tell he would cause her problems but she really didn't care. "Emily, and you are?" She said with a curtsy, purposely withholding her surname from the handsome stranger. "Damon, Damon Salvatore. Welcome to Mystic Falls, Miss Emily."
"Thank you." She said with a smile. Reconnecting with Katherine they walked inside the large mansion before them, and Emily couldn't ignore the nagging pit in her stomach about the woman she had seen. She couldn't think why she recognized her but one thing she knew was that she looked like her...
~~~

Emily walked across the street towards the bar, captivated by the large sign stating it was called the Mystic Grill. It screamed out at her that she had to go inside, that she had to investigate, that it was vital she had to go in there!

She stepped inside and was immediately hit with the familiar scent of blood and alcohol. Emily spotted the bar immediately and decided that she would more than likely be spending half of her time here. She sat at a bar stool that gave her a good view of everything and ordered a bourbon. She brushed her wavy black hair over her shoulder and adjusted her leather jacket. She was rocking a white tank top with a leather jacket, skin tight black jeans, high heels and a dark red lip, her signature colour.
~~~
She must have been there for at least an hour before she saw someone she truly recognized...

A/N: Funnily enough this story came from a dream I had, I promise there's a lot more to the story and it does fit in with the storyline of The Vampire Diaries. The story is set in Season 2/3, so Elena knows everything, Caroline is a vampire, Bonnie has powers and the Salvatores are their usual selves. Hope you enjoy the story, let me know what you think will happen next in the comments and don't forget to vote ❤️