May She Rest in Peace

The funeral home was packed with people, and it seemed as if it were a sin to speak. Everywhere you go, you would only be greeted by silence. Tears were streaming down the face of many, yet they managed to keep themselves from sobbing.
     My mother was loved by many, and she died in a horrible accident. She knew many people, and she loved them dearly. Everybody loved Chiara Vargas. She seemed to charm anyone who took a bite from her dishes, and everyone admired her for it.
     It broke my heart to see her go so early, it wasn't even her fault she got hit by a drunk driver. First of all, my children absolutely adored her, and now they had to sit there and look at their grandmother in a casket.
     A dark shadow filled the corner of my eyes as I bowed slightly of respect for my mum. Tears streamed down my face as I stood up and walked away.          
     Eventually, my vision became clouded with tears that were still threatening to spill. I looked up at the ceiling tears were streaming down my face, clearing my vision greatly.
     The same dark figure I saw before looked down at me from its spot on the ceiling. It jumped down and walked over to my mother's casket. It bent over it and kissed her forehead for a split second.
     A shrill scream filled the room as the dark figure approached them. It patted the person's head as they collapsed. Everyone ran out of the building as the figure stood there, staring at me and my children, a pitying smile on its face
     "May your family recover from this tragic loss." It spoke in a low and scratchy voice.