Chapter one

Kokichi sat on the train as he swung his legs back & forth. He had already been on the train for what felt like hours. He let out a loud & somewhat dramatic sigh as the conductor stated they were still two stops away from his destination.

He was on his way to meet his friend Rantaro which had become a routine at this point. He was always at Rantaro's house every weekend, probably annoying him. After Rantaro moved schools, he decided he had the need to visit him as much as he could.

He was snapped out of his thoughts as a man towered over him, holding a small machine in one hand. "Where's your parents?" He asked bluntly.

Kokichi wanted to snap back at him & reveal that he was 18 but instead, he decided to work with the question. He hadn't bought a ticket so he may as well lie his way out of his problem.

"I think mommy is in the bathroom" he replied, putting on a sweet tone along with a smile. "She has my ticket".

The man nodded before moving on to the other passengers.

Kokichi rolled his eyes, how gullible. He decided to play an app on his phone as he waited for his stop. The conductor announced the location, meaning the next stop was where Kokichi got off.

After a short while, the man returned with one hand on his hip. "There was no one in the bathroom" he explained, annoyance clear in his tone.

Kokichi held back his sarcastic comments & shoved his phone back into his pocket. He looked up to stare at the light in order to fake tears. "She just messaged me, she got off at the last stop to take a smoke & she couldn't get back on" he replied, lacing his sentence with a few sniffles.

The man seemed to give in. "I guess you can do what your mother says about the situation" he mumbled, unsure of what to do.

The short boy nodded slightly, rubbing one eye with his sleeve. "She said to wait at the next stop for her" he replied.

As if on cue, the train came to a stop, announcing the town. Kokichi smiled, jumping onto his feet as he slung before sprinting out without another word.

He managed to dodge multiple people while also bumping into many. He didn't bother to apologise, he knew he had to get to the security checks as quickly as he could. He waited for a short while until he spotted a family of 3 children & a father.

Kokichi walked behind them as they passed through the barrier. Due to his height, he managed to pass as one of the children. Once he got past, he began to walk quickly toward the exit of the train station.

He was too excited to see Rantaro again. He wanted to show him the new app game he had became amused with recently. He wanted to show how much taller he had gotten, even if it was just an inch. He wanted to see his pretty face again. Kokichi froze momentarily in his walk as the thought popped into his head.

Bad-ump bad-ump

There it was, his heart disobeying him once again. He growled to himself & continued to walk. Not that he would admit it but he somehow managed to gain a crush on the green haired boy. He could ramble on about how great Rantaro was for hours on end. However, Rantaro was straight, right? He had never shown interest in males so telling him how he felt was out of the question.

Kokichi had tried to hide his feelings, hoping it was just a rush in the moment or infatuation. Infatuation. That had to be it.

Kokichi slapped his palm against one cheek, attempting to break his train of thought. He noticed he was on Rantaro's street & a smile formed on his lips. Since he wasn't far, he began to run toward Rantaro's house. He stopped at the doorstep, panting as he caught his breath but a smile remained on his face. He knocked the door several times as he clicked the doorbell with the other.