5

Bridget and I stayed in my bed for an hour, laying there ass naked and just being silent. Eventually, I got up and pulled my sweats back on, tossing Bridget her panties and t-shirt from the pile on my floor.

"You can hang out if you want. Until the party." I offered, hoping she'd say yes.

It didn't take much to get her to agree, apparently she was already tired of how quiet her house was. But when she said yes, my heart lurched. She kept reminding me that we were only sort of fuck buddies and that nothing we were doing meant a damn thing to her, but it was difficult to keep myself from admitting that I was at least sort of into her. 

I watched her pull the clothes back on and cuddle back into my blankets, looking not only sleepy, but the most adorable I've ever seen a girl in my life. I climbed in the bed beside her, my breath catching in my throat when she moved to lay her head on my chest. 

Apparently we're fuck buddies that cuddle.

"I can't have kids." She'd said, her voice empty of all emotions, catching me off guard.

"What?"

"That's why I told you not to bother. I can't have kids." She paused. "The doctor's have actually said my chances of ever having a baby naturally is point zero five percent."

"Oh." I didn't know exactly what to say to her, I didn't even know what to ask.

"I just found out. The day I started working with you."

"That's why you got so upset when I said what I said?"

"I'm sorry. I was really fucked up, and I took all the emotions I was feeling out on you."

"I'm sorry I said it. I shouldn't have." I wrapped my arms around her, trying to comfort her. "I'm sorry you can't have kids."

She shrugged lightly. "It'll be okay. I'll figure something out when the time comes. It just kind of sucks." She was quiet for a second, "It's just, I never even thought about having kids. It never even crossed my mind. But then I went to the doctor's office for the results from all the ultrasounds, pelvic exams, and blood work."

"Is there anything you could do?"

"Maybe if I didn't have so many issues. Apparently I have pelvic inflammatory disease, ovarian cysts, and a bunch of other shit. He even told me that I might have to get an ovary or both removed by the time I turn twenty."

"That sounds painful."

"It is."

"I'm sorry."

Another shrug. "Can we take a nap?"

"Go ahead."

I watched her quietly, watching her eyelids close and her breathing start to slow. My heart was hurting for her. Like, I'd never really thought about having kids either, but just thinking about having the chance of not being able to have them made my heart break. Nobody should have to feel that, nobody should have to worry or have their chances of having children taken away. And a seventeen year old girl, definitely shouldn't be worried about it.

Eventually, I let my mind stop working and I fell asleep too, still with the beautiful girl sleeping in my arms and on my chest.

When I woke up, Bridget was climbing back through my window, a new pile of clothes waiting on my floor.

"Hey Fuckboy." She sent me a small smile. "I just went to get new clothes for the party."

"Oh." I laid there for a few seconds while my mind and body woke up the rest of the way. "What time is it?" I asked, stretching my arms out.