2

School was different.

At school, it wasn't Ernie and Harry.

It was Saturn Knox, the girl with at least two friends who are decent enough to hang out with her. The kind of girl that everyone sort of stared at but never paid too much mind too. A pretty face that wasn't worth the potential, really. Though Saturn didn't mind, she had everything she needed and was content, seeing as school was a temporary arrangement until she was due to graduate in less than a year. With such a mindset, she was absent from class often, opting to sleep in or go for a drive the sweet muscle car that she managed to win in a sketchy gamble.

And then there was him, Harold Edward Styles, the top scholar with the mysterious tragic backstory that no one could crack. While he was incredibly popular, his circle was smaller than small, only associating with those he was forced to. He was fond of by the superintendent and drooled over by anybody with eyeballs. He drove a motorcycle to school and frequently left class with an excused note. Everyone was predicting Harry to be the valedictorian but he just wanted high school to be over with.

With such opposing lives, it was seemingly impossible that their paths would ever cross, a basic delinquent and the brains everyone wanted.

So when on a cold November morning in junior year when the principal asks Harry to check up and tutor a student who was lagging behind, it was supposed to be all business and just another bump in the boring life he tried so hard to lead.

And when Saturn is forced to get a tutor to get her education back on track, she believes its just another obstacle she'll have to avoid in order to continue her fast-paced life she tried so hard to keep up.

Polar opposites who tried so hard to keep from running into each other but melded at the forceful impact of two lives with no impulse control and a heart that yearned for something else.

It leads them to here.

This unpredictable and continuously unraveling relationship with no guidelines or even a stable definition for what they were, how it happened is even more complicated and overwhelming.

But she drove him wild and he made her feel like home.

It kind of just fit, like both of their worlds were ending until they found the last puzzle piece in each other.

So how could he possibly get her off his mind?

Not when she's a foot away from him, chewing on her lip as she read a random romance novel she plucked off a shelf because he needed to study for a test tomorrow. She didn't quite mind, as long as she was within his presence. So they sat in the library, Harry intently studied the material for his test with her legs in his lap and her ever so often, taking a quick peek at him and his pretty green eyes. Saturn always loved admiring him, she didn't quite like him at first glance but now she always took her time to pinpoint all the things she loved about him.

The curve of his smile always made her smile, she couldn't help it. It was sort of lopsided and he always made this goofy face to make her laugh. His tip of his nose to the broadness of his forehead, the dimples in his cheeks, the crinkles in his eyes. She swore that every little detail about him was perfect. He was perfect, truly.

"Is the book not good?" Harry raises an eyebrow and Saturn almost chokes on her spit, averting her eyes, embarrassed she was caught staring. He was the only one who could make her so nervous. She stopped paying attention to the book once the antagonist declared that he wouldn't marry a woman who didn't want to be princess.

"The book is fine, but I know something that is much better." She purred, winking at him, regaining her confidence, but Harry isn't a stranger to her flirting and only fuels the fire.

"Yeah? Why don't you come over and show me better." He husks, pushing his books and flashcards to the side, using his foot to pull her chair closer to him. Stolen kisses and naughty words were exchanged in the back of the library where they always sat, shielded by two other bookshelves. Though they had enough decency to not go overboard with the affection and sexual tension between them.

When they finally leave the library, Saturn's lipstick is smudged and Harry's shirt is unbuttoned at the top, unable to tell her no. A good grade on a test wasn't worth squat with Saturn biting into his collarbone and her hands trailing elsewhere.

But when it's Monday morning and his sheets still smell like her, he has to pretend they're strictly acquaintances forced to work together. He has to pretend he doesn't care that he can't hold her hand or that he can't run his hand through her hair when she thinks it looks nice enough to not be in a ponytail even though it looks nice all the time but she doesn't believe him. He has to pretend that he doesn't want to kiss her cheek or lay his head in her lap.

He wondered if she felt the same but looking at her clad in grey joggers and a white t-shirt with the sleeves rolled up, she seemed so stoic and unimpressed with the world around her.

Harry didn't think he'd ever get her off his mind.