6.

Donar had run ahead with Fulco and Lydon to scout the base of Vesuvius. 

A rebel, name unknown to her, practically carried Karin towards the base of Vesuvius, she was weak, from exhaustion and the beating the Romans gave her for shouting profanities at them when they’d captured her. She wanted to walk alongside Nasir, rested in a stretcher carried by two others. But he told her she needed rest, to not worry over him, that he would be fine.

They returned as Spartacus broke words with Agron, assuring him that his actions were not of fault.

“We found something.” Donar puffed, brow furrowing at Karin before turning to lead Spartacus to his findings.

Spartacus walked ahead, following Donar as they approached what looked like an abandoned temple ruins at the base of the mountain. “Finally, Gods show fucking favour.” Agron remarked, gazing at the ruins. 

“But see to what extent.” Spartacus warned, an air of mistrust surrounding them.

The others were weary to approach the temple ruins, to them it looked like a tomb.

Spartacus led Agron and Donar into the ruins while other rebels following a good distance behind them, Karin now walking on her own following behind Spartacus, Agron and Donar encouraging the other rebels to move. They refused, and stood outside the temple ruins, gazing wearily at their surroundings for a moment before following when few glanced back towards the forest they had gone through moments ago.

Spartacus surveyed the wreckage inside the temple, destruction evident in its wake.

“A roof over our heads.” Agron said in disbelieving wonder, eyes washing over the roof. “Mostly.” He grinned at Spartacus.

Spartacus smiled. “We should take rest.” He turned to Agron. “Consider future.”

“Who are you, in my fucking temple?!” A man growled, arrow drawn on his bow, aimed directly at Spartacus.

The rebels surrounded him with ease, Donar glancing uncertainly at Agron.

“So the Gods finally fuck me to the afterlife.” He observed Spartacus, awaiting reaction.  “Care to join me?” He drew back his arrow further, threatening them.

“We seek only shelter.” Spartacus answered, lowering sword. ”Nothing more.”

“Spartacus!” Donar called in warning.

“You are Spartacus?” The man asked.

“I am.” 

“Then I mistake fucking for blessing!” The man crowed, lowering bow with good intent, laughing.