The Hurtful Words (Short Story)

Strangers-Friends-Strangers. This is the cycle for the people who got busted.

Cycle for the people who got friend zoned.

Cycle for the people who got treated as a brother/sister.

It hurts to know that the one you love doesn't love you back. It hurts more when that person gave you reasons to expect that they also love you. What more when they only treated you as a sibling?

Love?

Is it really something special? Is it really important?

I Love You.

When someone tells you they love you, do they really mean it? Or is it just your mind that expects?

Sometimes love destroys everything. It takes everything away from you. It takes your

.

.

.

LIFE.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I won't start my story with "once upon a time". It is only used for fairy tales. And fairy tales have happy endings. What about my story? My life? Am I happy?

I'm just a simple student. A simple person who knows how to love. Who wants to be happy. Nothing more.

What's special about me is that I'm popular. Many likes me, I guess.

Whenever I walk along the corridor, I heard girls say

"He's so hot"

"He's handsome"

"Fully Loaded Meal for meee"

"Complete package"

"His princess is so lucky"

"He's single right?"

I smiled at them. They're all blushing.

Why am I popular? Dean's Lister.Varsity.President, etc.

My name's Caisen. I get what I want. Always.

But she ruined everything.

She's also a dean-lister. She's gorgeous but no one courts her. Why? Because she's a geek. Everyone thinks that geeks don't exist. Her name is Carenze. Like what I said, I get what I want, but I think it's impossible to capture her heart.

I started courting her when we're in our second year. I courted her secretly. Paying a boy to giver her chocolates. Putting secret messages in her locker. Sending flowers to her. I like her very much.

Wrong term.

I don't like her. I love her. Very much.

One day, it was raining hard. I saw her sitting on the bench. Looks like she's waiting for the rain to stop. I offered her my umbrella. She didn't accept it. I asked her a ride. She declined it. I tried several times. And finally, she said yes. I was happy that day.

Our friendship started with an umbrella. We became close then. We hang-out often. Go to malls. Watch movies. Go to her house. Play video games. And more.

I can't help myself fall for her over and over again.

Until one day, I planned a dinner for us. I fixed our building's (inside the campus) rooftop. Table. Candles. Flowers. Music. I'll tell her what I feel. I'll tell her I love her. I know she loves me too. She always tells me she loves me too. I can't ask for more. I have her. I have everthing already.

But my heart felt a pain. A pain I didn't expected. I was about to call her when I saw her walking hand in hand with another guy. They were so sweet. Perfect Couple. I can't help it. I'm jealous. I got mad. I grabbed her arm and dragged her to the rooftop.

"I LOVE YOU! I thought you loved me too?", I shouted angrily. Questioning her love for me.

"I do love you Caisen. As my brother"

That line hit me. A tear fell from my eye. I died. I died for the nth time because of her.

She smiled at me, gave me a peck on my cheek and left.

She left me hanging. She left me with a broken heart.

The heartthrob was left by a geek. I can't believe it. Other girls want me, what's with her? Our friendship was destroyed by a simple I love you. Three words, Eight letters, does everyone mean it when they say it? A simple sentence that can hurt or can make a person happy.

It hurts to love someone when you can't say what you really feel.

But despite this hurtful love, we still continue to love them because there's still a hope of having simple yet memorable moments with them. Even if we know we're just a friend.

Now I know that we're more than friends, but less than lovers. I'm just a brother.

I love you, hurtful words that ruined everything.

---------------------------------

Thaaanks.

"Wonderin' why we bother with love if it never lasts"

Sometimes people come in our lives for us to learn. We tend to go farther from what is planned that's why we get hurt.

Salamat ulit. :)

'ohsnapp.