Chapter 1

Lemme just say, the 1st chapter is always the hardest

××Laurens POV××

I walked down the crowded streets of New York, in hope of getting to work on time. People rushed past me like you had done a time lapse on your iPhone or something.

I was getting a bit sick of it, but it was hard to find money for subway tickets, especially if you have a job like mine.

I was dressed in a full suit, some color like navy blue, and I was headed for the Empire State Building.

You might laugh and say,"Well John, didn't you just say it was hard to get subway tickets?"

First off, subway tickets are getting expensive man, like you have no idea. 24 dollars for 1 pass?! No way am I paying for that. Lots of people just smuggle themselves in.

The second thing is, that I can't be ruining my job. I'm a professional in my...um...business let's say, so I can't be just strolling around the place like I'm at the same level as these, these, ugh, other humans.

There was only one place where I could be seen more than my work, and that was my coffee shop! It wasn't mine really, but it would be nice if it was. Defineltly a few improvements needed...

"John! Can I get you your usual?" The boy behind the counter greeted me. Today I guess it was Hercules's shift. Every other day it's his shift and on the opposite day it's Lafayette's shift.

"Sure, Herc." I said as I slumped in my chair.

"What's wrong?" Herc ased as grounded the coffee beans.

"Seems like nothing in life is really intresting anymore...it's just there, ya know?" I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Here," He said as he passed my black coffee with no sugar/cream.

"Don't worry, Laurens. Something will show up soon!" He reassured me. He was always saying things like that to make me feel better. And I really appreciated it.

"Oh, hey while I have the chance to talk! I was wondering if you would be willing to donate for a cause?" He caught my attention.

"And what cause is it for?" I asked.

"There is a boy, same age as us maybe a year or two younger, but he is really smart! He lives in Nevis curr-" I cut him off.

"Nevis? Where's that?"

"Exactly. It's a very unknown place, so it doesn't get much attention. But the kid can write, Laurens! People are funding him so he can come here to NYC!" He told me excitedly.

"Okay then... let me see how much money I have... will $300 dollars work?" I handed him the money.

"Yes! Thank you so much, John! I knew you had a heart in you!" He ran to hug me from behind the counter.

"Sure, man. Got to go, see you later!" I said as I waved to him and walked out the door.

I continued my long walk to the Building, watching as tons of people whizzed by me.

I am pretty young. Just a 21 year old guy. I was known in highschool for my looks and talent. But I never really wanted to be 'known'....for those things.

Being just 21 you would expect me to go to college and all, but not really. I haven't gone to college. I was just picked for this job. I didn't do much to earn it. I am quite independent now. I have no friends except my co-workers.

My intelligence is above standards, which is good since I probably wouldn't have any job if I wasn't smarter.

Once I reach the Empire State Building, I have to check in at the front desk.

"Mr. John Laurens! Nice to see you here!" The attendant smirked at me.

"What do you want Lee?" The man was Charles Lee, one of my most beloved enemies.

"I was wondering where you were! I mean. You have been gone for 2 whole days...and with this job?" He whistled as he put his hands behind his head and span in his chair.

"What did you think I was doing? Other than being sick-"

"Sick? Sure. More likely you were off fucking some girl you found in the building. Angelica this time?" He rolled his eyes.

"Shut up, Lee! You and I both know I was sick, so no need to make matters worse! Mind your own buisness!" I told him as I grabbed him by the collar.

"Yeah, yeah, we both know you need this job, and I know you wouldn't dare mess it up." He snickered.

I walked off in rage. It was impossible to deal with that idiot.

As I walked onto the elevator, I saw Peggy's face.

"Hey John," she said with a straight look on her face.

"Uh, hey Peggy? What's wrong?" I looked at her, a bit confused.

"So. You were off with MY sister?! I thought you guys were friends!" She whisper-yelled at me.

"Shh, Peggy! That's not true, it was just some random crap from Lee! You know how it is!" I shrugged.

"Oh...okay then...I still have my eyes on you." She smiled as she walked out of the elevator.

A few more levels later, we eventually made it to my workplace.

"Good morning, John!" I heard a familiar voice.

"Hey Eliza, nice to see you again!"

She walked up to me in a fast manner and grabbed the collar of my shirt,"Did you, you know, with my sister?!" She yelled at me.

"Quieter! And no I didn't! Lee was just bothering me!" I defended myself.

"Okay then..." She let go of me and walked off.

News sure does spread fast in the Schyulers.

××Alexander's POV××

A hurricane. That's all I can think about right now. There was rubble scattered all over the streets.

2 weeks ago a hurricane hit Nevis, my hometown. Now I have nothing left for myself. All I have is a paper and a pencil, and my own thoughts.

I wrote, approx. 1 week after the hurricane, a piece of writing. It caught lots of people's attention.

Now I'm being funded to head to some place called New York City, which I heard is very nice! But I still have to get 300 more dollars to be able to go. All I can do is hope now.

2017 is a hard time. The economy anywhere is not in in a good shape, and less and less people are achieving their dreams. It's rough.

I have no one to depend on anymore.

It's just me, myself, and I.

And that was the first chapter. Small sadness, sorry about that! I hoped you liked it! If you like Hamilton Fanfics, there are plenty out there, but a good one is New World by Fangirl4life74 !!

See ya later, Alligators!~ Turtlboi :)