Living With the Avengers

~Recap~

"As you all know, as of yesterday, Peter's apartment building was burnt down, and his Aunt died in the fire. So, Steve and I have made a decision." Turning to me, I got a bit worried, but I was also curious. "Peter, would you like to live here?" I was shocked. Not saying anything for a few minutes, Steve said,

"Peter...?" Wondering what I was thinking. Quickly, I tackled them into a hug.

"Thank you so much." I whispered.
-----------------------------------------------------------

~ Time Skip, Peter's POV~

I didn't go to school today, as Tony and Steve wouldn't let me, saying that I needed time to relax, when all I needed was something to get my mind off of Aunt May. I reluctantly agreed, knowing that I'd have to make up a freaking Spanish test tomorrow for Señora D'Andrea. I texted Ned and MJ, letting them know.

(P-Peter/MJ-MJ/N-Ned)

P- Hey guys, not coming to school today.
N- Why?
N- Oh yeah. I saw what happened last night on the news
MJ- Did anything happen to yur aunt?
P- Um....
P- Yeah.
P- I'll explain more tmr when I come back to school
MJ- Okay, don't become depressed
N- Yeah Peter, that won't be good
P- Thanks guys. Go get to school. Education blah blah blah
MJ- Whatever
N- Bye
P- Bye

Wanting to blow off some steam, I walked down to the training room. Putting on some gloves and turning on some music, I started punching the punching bag with all my might, which seemed to be a lot because the bag was easily swinging back and forth wildly. I didn't even realize I was crying until I started sniffing. I punched harder, and kept crying. I must have been down here for a while, because Wanda was standing in the doorway with a worried look on her face. She walked over to me, and sat down next to me on the ground.

"It's okay," she said "I lost all my friends and family too. All I have left of blood family is Pietro. I don't know what I'd do without him. But now, all of these people are my family. Even if they're not blood, they're still brothers and sisters. You have a family that loves you Peter. Never forget that."

"Thank you." I choked out, tears streaming down my face, we stood up, hugged, and walked back upstairs, where all the other Avengers sat there worried. Tony immidatly stood up.

"Are you okay? We could hear you all the way up here." He said.

"I'm fine. I just waned to let off some steam." I said. Tony smiled.

"Okay. But go take a shower. You stink." He said jokingly. My face turned as red as a tomato. I turned on my heel, and made my way to my room to go get some clean clothes. I walked into the bathroom, and took a quick shower. As good as it felt, and as much as I didn't want to get out, I knew I had to sooner or later. I dried my hair and put on some sweat pants, an oversized t-shirt, and some Avengers socks just to be funny. I walked out to the living room where everybody was, and sat down on the couch in my normal spot. Today was movie day, and I was super excited. Until we watched Coco. May's favorite Disney movie. A few silent tears trickled down my face, but nobody seemed to notice. It was a long day of movies.

~Time Skip, That Night~

After watching Coco, I was kind of feeling uneasy. Falling asleep was hard, but it did come.

~Dream~

I was walking down a dimly lit hospital hallway, searching for something. I keep hearing noises. My spidey sense is going haywire. Frantically looking everywhere for the sound, I hear a door open and close. Slowly, I turn around to see a bloody, burned Aunt May.

"You could have saved me," she said. "It's all your fault that I'm dead. Things would have still been normal. Just the two of us. But now I'm dead, and it's because of you."

"No, I tried to save you, I really did." I said in a scared voice. "I was just too late. I was all the way across town. I couldn't get there ontime. I'm sorry..." May cackled.

"Well then you should have tried harder." She cackled some more. I curled up into a ball as she started to advance towards me with a scalpel that she picked up off of a medical tray.

"Please no. Please, please no! NO!"

~Tony's POV~

I was down in my lab when JARVIS spoke to me.

"Sir, it seems that Mr. Parker is having a nightmare. His heart rate is 120 beats per minute." He said in a monotone voice.

"Shit," I mumbled. I raced to the elevator, and got in. I need to make this thing faster. Once I got to the floor where all the Avengers sleep on, I sprinted to Peter's room, only to see him thrashing around. I quickly ran up to him, and started shaking him to wake him up.

"Kid! Pete! PETER!!" I yelled, probably waking up the whole floor. He woke up, but not before him punching me in the jaw. That's going to leave a mark.

"NO MAY" He screamed when he woke up. He was breathing heavily, searing like crazy, and his heart rate was off the charts. He had a frightened look in his eyes, as he frantically looked around.

"Hey. Hey hey hey, it's just me Pete, it's just me." I said taking his hand trying to calm him down. He looked over at me and seemed to calm down a bit, but not all the way. "Do you want to talk about it?" He shook his head no. "Okay. Well when you feel like it, please do. JARVIS, play Walking the Wire by Imagine Dragons."

~Peter's POV~

As the music started playing, I calmed down, as music does that to me. (Please read the lyrics, they really do pertain to Peter's situation right now)

Do you feel the same when I'm away from you?
Do you know the line that I'd walk for you?
We could turn around, or we could give it up
But we'll take what comes, take what comes

Oh, the storm is raging against us now
If you're afraid of falling, then don't look down
But we took the step, and we took the leap
And we'll take what comes, take what comes

Feel the wind in your hair
Feel the rush way up here

We're walking the wire, love
We're gonna be higher, up
We're walking the wire, wire, wire

There's nights we had that just walk away
And there's tears we'll cry, but those tears will fade
It's the price we pay when it comes to love
And we'll take what comes, take what comes

Feel the wind in your hair
Feel the rush way up here
We're walking the wire, love
We're gonna be higher, up
We're walking the wire, wire, wire
So look out down below
Look out down below
Look out down below
Walking the wire, wire, wire
So look out down below

Oh, I'll take your hand when thunder roars
And I'll hold you close, I'll stay the course
I promise you from up above
That we'll take what comes, take what comes, love

We're walking the wire, love
We're gonna be higher, up
We're walking the wire, wire, wire
So look out down below
Look out down below
Look out down below
Walking the wire, wire, wire
So look out down below

We're walking the wire
We're walking the wire, wire, wire.

By the time the song ended, I had calmed down all the way, and was smiling. Falling asleep was way easier after that.

~A.N. Hope you like it!
Dedicated to @waverlyhuang
Please check out her story! It's awesome!~