Chapter 4 : Training

Percy's P.O.V.

I woke up to a loud crash and raised voices. "PERCY! WAKE UP YOU LAZY ARSE." I jumped up and ran to my door. I open the door and am almost immediately flattened like a pancake. "C'mon Perce! Training today! Gotta learn control of them flames of yours," someone manages to get out between laughs. I look up and see Apollo standing there laughing at me.

"Fine just let me get dressed. I'll see you at the beach," I say.

"Aye aye, Captain!" They shout and mock salute me.

                           ***

When I get to the beach I see three candles lined up with my friends standing behind them. They explain what I have to do and I spend the rest of the day trying to light the middle candle.

                           ***

I've been training for a week and I still can't do it. I concentrate on the middle candle and imagine it as a monster and the other two as my friends. The middle one lights up in a blue flame while the others stay untouched. "I did it!" I exclaim, jumping up and down doing a little victory dance.

By now the entire camp knows I'm a demon and they have accepted me completely. They sometimes watch me practice and give me tips and ideas that they think could help. Apollo walks up to me and says, "Now that you did that its time for you to control the heat of the flames." I groan in annoyance and I can hear my friends groaning too. This is gonna take forever.

                           ***

I have finally gained complete control over my flames. Me and Leo have been training together the past week and we managed to become mine to each others flames. We can also infuse our flames to make a powerful flame that burns through anything and can survive underwater.

"I think we have covered everything Percy. You can rest now," Apollo says. I thank him and soon I'm off to dreamland.