Her

I thought I was still dreaming when I noticed the '60s decor. My body felt warm and toasty, and I looked downward to see Mack had her arms around my waist and had pulled into a snuggle. Her head was nuzzled into my shoulder.

This was no dream.

Absentmindedly I suppose, I snuggled her right back, leaning my head against her own. Then, out of the blue, I kissed her on the forehead.

What?

A smile spread across her face. I had really expected her to wake up. But instead, she did this-

"Oh, Lela..." She mumbled in her sleep.

Is she dreaming about me?

I blushed scarlet red.

"Lela..." She mumbled again, a bit louder this time.

I attempted to pull out of her grasp, but she was holding on to me very tight. Mack suddenly giggled, and at that very moment, I knew she had been faking. Did that mean she had been awake when I...?

Mack slipped out of bed and winked at me.

She had.

"Hey." I said, "Have anything I could wear? You're about my size."

She disappeared into her closet behind a rack of clothes. A couple seconds later, she came out wearing a loose-fitting light orange dress and a pair of flip-flops.

"Like it?"

"Yeah. Suits you."

How did she change her clothes so fast?

Magic of the movies, I suppose.

Mack handed me an outfit for me to try on, "Here."

"Huh?"

"You said you needed to borrow some clothes, right? Try this on. It's the closest thing I have to your style."

I took the outfit and went into the closet, put them on quickly, then went over to Mack's mirror to see how I looked for myself. I wore a pink button-down shirt, ebony pants, and a pair of light pink flats. To top it all off, a black pleather jacket.

Mack frowned, "You don't like it, do you? I'm sorry, but it's the only thing close..."

"No, no, no!" I reassured, "I love it. It's perfect."

The light-haired brunette smiled ear to ear, "Well in that case, you look fantastic!" She clapped her hands and grabbed my arm, dragging me out of her house.

"What are we doing?" I asked.

"You'll see."

I rolled my eyes and let her drag me along. I had no idea what was going on, but whatever it was, she was thrilled.

When we finally stopped, we were standing at the end of the beach.

There was a picnic blanket laid on the ground, as well as a couple of lit candles. The wicker picnic basket sat center stage on the blanket.

I turned around to face Mack, who looked nervousided (Nervous and excited at the same time).

"You like it?" She asked, sitting down, "I set it up for us."

"Mack, what is this?"

"Well... I was too nervous to ask you out myself, so I decided to just go with the flow. You like it?"

I bent down and sat on the smooth blanket. She was eyeing me, awaiting an answer.

"Yeah. Yeah, I love it, actually."

"Cool! Here, have a cookie." She reached in the basket and handed be a sugar cookie.

I took one bite of it and fell in love.

Delicious.

"Did you make these?" I inquired.

Mack laughed, "Oh, no. I can't cook for my life. They're store bought."

"Well," I took another bite of it, "It's still delicious."

We sat there, enjoying each other's company. The food was gone within fifteen minutes, but we didn't get up.

"So..." Mack said, sounding confident, "Lae."

I smiled at the nickname.

"Would you possibly like to be my girlfriend?"

"Girlfriend?"

She smiled at me, all signs of her nervousness and shyness gone.

I tapped my chin, "Gladly."

She pecked me on the lips and helped me up. I hadn't seen her this happy since I came here.

It made me forget that she wasn't real.

That's right...

This girl wasn't real. But if she was, she would take the world by storm.