Chapter one:

The beginning of the end

Michael Farris was just another average kid, spending his summer at home playing video games. But that is when it all began... Michael woke one day drowsy and quite exhausted. he had been playing video games late through the night.

His parents had already left for work, so he was all alone. Michael had only one relative, but she was off at college . Since his sister was so far away, he called himself an only child.

The first thing he did when he got up was not comb his hair take a shower, no, the first thing he did was get on the computer. Michael was too busy playing video games to notice the strange things going on outside and the stories on the news.

A dark cloud drifted through the cities undetected by any mortal being. The creature floated through the ground until it came to the power cables. The creature proceeded to touch the cables and then some form of dark rot and brought down all the power cables down.

The power to Michael's computer blew out and Michael swore under his breath. After many futile attempts to re boot the computer, he decided to go outside and see the morning sky.

The moment he stepped outside he felt something was off. The sky has gone black, and the trees began to die and rot. The feeling of darkness surrounded him and a shiver ran down his spine.

A cackle echoed through the darkness and a voice like nails running down on an old chalk board said, "Evil is coming."

Please leave comments if you think this chapter could be better in some way, thanks!