Chapter seven

The acoustic cave of screams

The duo enter a small dark hole with nothing but the light from the entrance. They walked deeper into the dreary and dank cavern not know what lied ahead, the sunlight began to fade from the cave as they went deeper when suddenly they heard a shrill and painful scream coming down the hall. Retso flinched at the sound of the rancid screams coming from ahead. "You're such a baby" snorted Michael. Another blinding scream ripped down the hall. Micheal bleated like a goat and ran for the nearest stalagmite "so I'm the baby" Retso snickered "help!!!!!" Said a shrill voice ripping through the caverns.
"We should probably help" said Michael. "No duh brainiac" snorted Retso. Michael charged down the cavern looking for where the source of the scream was coming from. When they reached their destination all hey saw what appeared to be a giant rat and a sword defending itself from the rat. "I think I might know what that thing is" said Retso "yeah me too",stated Michael, "a giant rat" "no not that!" Huffed Retso, "I know what the sword is!" "Isn't that obvious" Retso lunged his tiny dragon hand across Michael's face and it landed with a loud "SMACK!" "That sword is a shapeshifter!!!" Retso screeched at Michael "ooooooh that makes more sense." Replied Michael, " also, OW!!" Michael ripped the largest root he could find and charged at the large rat. The creature turned to face him, claws raised. Michael beat it with his makeshift club and the rat clawing at him between every swing. The battle looked like an even match until the sword could get close enough to slice the creature's head off. "Thank you!" Cried out the sword in pure joy of not being trapped in a corner by the giant rat. The sword began to morph and grow until it was about twenty years old, and by his estimation he was about five foot eleven. The shapeshifter stood tall and proud as though as if he was royal. "I am Sangcha of the changers" said the former sword. Retso bowed down as low as he could almost so low that he was practically on the ground. "What are you doing dude?" Michael whispered "shut up and bow" Retso replied, Michael did as he was told and kneeled down until he was at the shapeshifter's knees "thank you gentlemen,"said Sangcha "this is very unnecessary, I just wish to be treated as though as if I am just a normal person" "who are you exactly?" Blurted Michael, the shapeshifter stepped back a little in surprise "apologies lord," Retso began "he is from the surface world." The surprise on the shapeshifter's face glazed from surprise to a warm smile "no worries," he began "I like that someone doesn't recognize me."