viii. puckered up

ella

i was walking around backstage waiting for selena to come to the school auditorium.

today was the day of the play, where actual people watch, and not just the drama teacher.

my palms were sweating and i was pacing back and forth. it was five minutes to the play, and i was worried i'd have to act

just then the doors burst open and in walked selena king, frantically apologising for being late.

no one said a thing, but rushed her to the makeup room. two minutes later, she was out of there and forced into the dressing room, the dress, much like mine, pushed in after her.

i sighed in relief, because the play started, and i wasn't in it. 

i watched the play unfold from the side of the stage, cheering everyone on.

half an hour later i was being pulled away from watching the play into a dark room.

"hello?" i asked loudly, even though i was freaking out.

oh my god, what if someone kidnapped me?

what is someone's gonna rape me?

soon enough the lights turnred on and i saw a smiling ashton, dimples and all, standing in front of a veiled canvas.

he unvieled the canvas and i saw a painting.

but it was a special painting. the painting was of me making a face at him from his point of view.

i stared at in for a while in amazement. now i know why he was a set designer.

"i just thought it would be cool, do you like it?" ashton said, looking at me with hopeful eyes.

i squealed, something i've never done, and hugged him.

"i love it, ashton!" i said, looking up at him, smiling.

he smiled and closed his eyes, leaning in.

i looked at him with wide eyes, asking what he was doing.

"something i've been wanting to do," he replied easily, before closing the non-existent space between us.

i sat in shock, but soon started kissing back.

ashton pulled back. "i really like you a lot, ella, will you go on a date with me?" he said quietly, tucking a strand of hair behing my ear.

i replied with a simple nod, and we sat down on a couch that was weirdy placed in the room.

we sat and cuddled all night, talking to each other, joking around, and making faces.

and it couldn't have been better.

    T        H        E                E        N        D

OKAY SO AWE IT ENDED

AND I DIDNT PUT LIKE MARRIGE OR A DATE AT THE END CAUSE YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN EDING SO ITS HOW YOU WANT IT TO BE, NOT HOW I WANT IT TO BE

I WANT TO SAY THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO STUCK WITH THIS STORY OR VOTED AND COMMENTED

I HONESTLY HAD SOM MUCH FUN WRITING THIS AND I ADMIT I  HAD WRITERS BLOCK FOR THE LONGEST TIME SO IM SORRY

-ISABELLE