(7)

"Alex!" the voice says.

I see the blue eyes, one with a scar.

"Soap?!" My eyes adjust to the light to see him clearly.

"Oh, thank goodness!!!" I hug his neck tightly, tears escaping my eyes.

"Alex, what happened?!"

"I, uh, had a bad dream..." I mutter.

"Do you wanna tell me about it?" he asks.

"No...." I trail off.

"Alex, you seem pretty upset, you know you can always talk to me."

"I dreamt that, uh, Ghost killed you.....on purpose."

"Alex.." He says, wrapping his arms around me. "That will never happen. I wouldn't let it, nor would I run away." He smiles. "Don't you worry about me."

He must see the fear in my eyes. he bites his bottom lip, and takes my hand.

"You're not going back to sleep, are you?"

I shake my head violently.

"Okay...." He leads me down into the rec room. he hands me a controller and sits on the couch. He extends an arm out, and I sit down and lay my head on his shoulder. he smiles and rests his arm in my shoulder.

"Play until you get tired." He says with a sweet smile.

He soon falls asleep, and I do a few hours later.

"The heck is this?!" Ghost says, hands on his hips."

I open my eyes and Soap holds me defensively.

"I thought I told you to stay away from my sister?!" Ghost says angrily.

"You did!" Soap yells back.

The shouting draws a crowd, and soon the entire team is in the room, smirks in their faces.

"What do we have here?" Roach says, leaning in the doorway.

"Shut up!" I yell, throwing a controller, and hitting him on the head.

"I don't want you near my sister." Ghost says, dropping his voice.

"That doesn't matter. I want to be near your sister and she wants to be near me, so get a life!"

Roach covers his mouth trying not to laugh at the infuriated Ghost.

Ghost opens his mouth to say something, but I stop him.

"No. Just stop. Quit dictating my life."

To add injury to insult, Soap turns my head towards him, and kisses me. Shocked, I return the kiss, and the whole team yells in approval.

Stunned, Ghost stalks off, the team following in tow, to pick on him, leaving just me and Soap. He breaks the kiss.

"So, uhmn, 'bout what just happened..." Soap starts, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck, but still keeping his one arm around me.

"So, I, like did that because, I uh..." He tries to rephrase. "Well, there's uh, this thing, that I should tell you, but.....ugh, forget it. I have a crush on you, okay?!"

"Whoa, you're acting like that's a bad thing."

"Well, your broth-"

"Forget my brother." I say glaring at the thought of him. "I like you too."

He laughs nervously and smiles, hugging me. A shoe hit him in the head. He simply rolls his eyes.