Do We Have A Deal

Elijah and I had Jonas leave to get something that belongs to Elena Gilbert the doppelganger so we could track her. 

"What you said about us being mates. Is it true?" Elijah asked me. 

"Yes, it is," I told him as I looked at him.

"Then why have you never told me before?" He asked confused.

"Because Elijah. I didn't want you to feel like you were obligated to love me back just because we are mates. I wanted you to love me on your own terms." I told him with a shrug of my shoulders.

"Is that why you stuck with me for all my life. Why you kept me safe and never let others attack me?" He asked.

"Yes. You may not have loved me but I loved you and I didn't want to see you hurt or heartbroken." I told him with a sigh. Before he could answer though my phone rang.

"Jonas," I answered.

"Elena Gilbert is at Slater's place." He told us before hanging up and I looked at Elijah before we sped back to the apartment. I killed the one vampire by the door and everyone stared at me shocked and confused when they saw Elijah alive next to me. He sped over to the other two vampires while Rose-Marie sped out as I let her pass me.

"I killed you, you were dead," Damon spoke matter of factly.

"For centuries now," Elijah spoke as I chuckled.

"Who are you two?" One of the vampires asked like he was in control of the situation.

"I'm Elijah," Elijah spoke which frightened the vampires as I stepped towards him.

"And I'm Maverick Wolf," I told them and they took a few steps away from me.

" We were g-going to bring her to you two. For Klaus. She's the doppelganger. I don't know how she exists but she does. Klaus will want to see her." The vampire spoke to us afraid.

"Does anybody else know that you are here?" Elijah asks him.

"No." He tells us.

"Well, then you have been incredibly helpful," I tell the two before ripping out their hearts as I stared Damon Salvatore down before leaving with Elijah. We return to Jonas and Lukas house.

"Where is Luka?' I ask Jonas.

"Sleeping." He answers. "I take it the spell worked and you found the doppelganger?" Jonas asks.

"It did, thank you for your help, Jonas, "I tell him.

"Yes, I also ran into the vampire with the brother," Elijah tells Jonas.

"I take it he is long dead." Jonas comments.

"On the contrary Jonas, we let him live as he will keep the doppelganger safe," I tell him as I begin to walk out of the house.

"Is that wise?" He asks.

"Safest place she can be," Elijah tells him as he follows me out. I got to my car and Elijah gets into the passenger's side and I drove us to a nearby hotel we were staying at. As I opened the room door and entered Elijah spoke from behind me. "What if I told you I loved you too?" Elijah asks making me freeze in place.

"Don't play with me, Elijah," I tell him.

"I'm not." He replies as he shuts the door behind him. 

"Why tell me now then. Why not before?" I ask him.

"All my life I have loved you but I assumed you didn't see me that way so I ignored my feelings for you. I mean you are way older than me. I didn't see any scenario where you liked me back." He told me.