Chapter 2

VALERIE

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I was ready to go out by noon but it seemed dad had forgotten. I went upstairs to get him.

"Daddy" I said in a sweet voice "I hope you haven't forgotten" he was on his laptop again, I wondered what he does on that thing and he seemed as focused as anything.

"Forgotten what" he asked in a confused manner and I was right, he really forgot.

"We're meant to go out dad, for the hunt remember?"

It must have just clicked in his stupid brain "Oh that, I'm sorry I forgot just give me five minutes and we'll leave " dad said. I went downstairs to get the flasks and just wait for dad to show up.

Dad came out sooner than I expected and I took an umbrella before leaving coz we didn't wanna get our skin glowing in this New York sun.

"Dad aren't we going with a car" I asked innocently when we walked past the garage

"No Valerie we're going to hunt Old School style otherwise called 'the learners style'" I just wanted to tell him to allow me to hunt in the hardest way but I was sure it will be my worst nightmare .

"Why do you call it that"

"Because it's the easiest way to hunt blood " he said in a 'duh' tune

We left the house and for a long time we walked to a lone street very far from the house and with very few cars seldom passing. We called for a red Range Rover car to stop by and pick us up. We looked so much like poor people who didn't have any car and were stuck on a lone street waiting for some good folk to come pick us up. And to our greatest surprise, there weren't many good folks in New York. We kept waving for some nice person to notice us and just pick us up, eight cars or more just passed us by.

We got tired and I was getting thirsty for blood. This was the last car we were going to wave at before I'd tell dad we should get going. Then a blue Sports Car stopped beside us and the guy inside wound the window down before talking to us. He was dressed very well and had a glowing smile for a second I couldn't believe I was really gonna attack him for his blood.

"Where are you going?" Was the first thing he said

"We're going to Mara bell Supermarket" dad quickly answered "kilometers from here right" dad I'm sorry for calling your brain stupid

"Hop in" the man said receiving us, he must be very chatty "I'm David but for short you can call me Dave" 'Dave or David better be happy now you'll soon die because I really am thirsty', I said to myself.

We both got into the back seat with the umbrella and flasks and he wound back up all the windows and put on the air conditioner before he started the car, afterwards dad and I planned in silence

"Valerie should we attack while he's driving or ask him to stop then we attack" dad asked after a long time of him saying things I did not understand.

"Dad lets attack him now" I only said that because I wanted to have fun on my first day of hunting I didn't even for once think of the consequences

"Im going to go forward to get his blood while you hold his head and his other hand"

"Okay dad" I answered to the first meaningful words he said

"Attack!" Dad yelled

"Huh" The man that was now probably confused and scared said

I held his mouth firmly to the chair so he could not shout for help and dad went forward, bit his arteries and fixed above the flask for blood to drip into it. Other weaklings would have died by now but this man was still biting my palm.

"Sorry man, I don't feel pain" I said to him then he started slapping me all over, no wonder dad said I should hold his hand but I didn't anyway, I let his hand keep slapping me till he finally finds out how foolish he has been, slapping me. I wonder how dad does this alone

"Now you know how it feels when chickens struggle and you people still kill em" I could now say all I wanted to this guy because he was going to die and there was no escaping for him!

"There ain't no way you gonna escape this" one of my wishes has just been granted which is to say anything I wanted without being scolded

We approached a bend to the right and Dave turned the steering to the right at my words, before I could say anything more, the blood in the flask spilled in the car, dads head got slammed on the window which broke after that, I don't understand what had happened to him but it seemed he started feeling dizzy. Dave pressed his leg on the acceleration pedal till were speeding up to 300km/h. I really regret not holding that guy's hand and it's my fault all this is happening I'm so dumb.

He kept his foot pressing on the pedal as if that was the last thing he will do and it definitely is.
I lost grip of him and fell on the chair as we reached that speed. We were approaching a pen rounded with sticks that were sharpened ant the sharpened part facing up held together with thorny wires.

"Now Dave what can you do? Dead end huh?" I said as I saw the farm house. I was talking too much.

He couldn't do anything but press his right leg on the brake pedal after I said those words that obviously annoyed him. I was somewhat happy we didn't crash into the pen.

The car tumbled slightly and then dad's head yet again hit the windscreen and he flew out. I wished dad had just used the seat belt but was there any time?

My world spun around me as I watched dad fly out of the windscreen and got his chest pierced with the wooden stake. One of the only things that could actually kill a vampire. I came out of the car and went to check him. I felt so grieved when I found out he wasn't breathing anymore and his heart was still. 

And you know what? It was all my fault that he was dead, it was my fault because I told dad to attack while the ass was driving, it's all my fault I didn't hold his hand. Why didn't I just want to listen to him? It was all my fault for talking too much. I just hate myself so much. I couldn't help myself but cry hard.

The car finally turned over and exploded. I walked out amidst the fire and pushed the car away and removed my dad from the stake and took him home in my arms so I could find out if mum could resurrect him or find someone that can.

My best day actually turned into my worst day all because of ME, DAMN ME! I just wish I could turn back time or mum would find a spell or something to bring dad to life.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

You know what to do ...

VOTE,

COMMENT,

SHARE AND,

NEVER STOP READING.