Floating

WonJae's PoV

When you fall, you can only work your way back up from there.
I fell.
I didn't trip. I wasn't shoved. I never truly hit the ground.
I fell in love.
I fell in love with the one I now call my angel.
He's perfect. Everything I ever needed and wanted.
And now he is going to be truly mine.
I feel like I'm flying now. Seeing him smile at me with tears building up in the corners of his eyes made my heart flutter. The damp grass beneath me made my knee uncomfortably wet through the rips in my jeans, but seeing the look on his face made that irrelevant.
He said yes.
That's all that mattered to me in that moment.
I slid the ring onto his finger, beaming up at him. The fireflies around us made the gemstones appear to give off a pale glow of their own- just like his beautiful eyes.

I smiled fondly at the memory. That feels like ages ago now. Seeing my angel cry with happiness is one thing, but from fear is another.
From sadness is another.
From shock is another.
From grief is another altogether.

I'm floating.

It felt like time had slowed, almost stopped. I reacted before I thought it through. I didn't have the chance to think. I had nearly lost him once, and I wasn't going to risk losing him again. I pushed him out of the way and stood in his place at the moment of truth.

I'm floating.

The pain was unbearable. I stumbled back, clutching my chest in agony. The bullet might not have penetrated so deeply if the man had been further away when he pulled the trigger, but there is nothing that can be done to change that now. I looked over to my lover, seeing the shocked expression on his face. I smiled at him as much as I could, trying to reassure him that everything would be alright. I knew that it wasn't going to be, but I wanted to see him smile at me like that one last time. He didn't. Before I knew what was happening, I fell off of the bridge.

I'm floating.

I still don't know if it was me or the river that was cold. I slowly closed my eyes, trying to recall his smile. I could hear him calling for me, but I couldn't respond. My life was flashing before my eyes. The good times. The bad times. The funny moments. The embarrassing moments. The sad moments. The best day of my life, and the worst.
The last thing I ever said to him was 'I love you.'

I'm floating.

Floating above him. Always there. I always will be.
I guess we're both angels now.

-=+=-
Well that was my first oneshot!
Sorry that it was so angsty, but I had the idea and I couldn't help myself!
If you're wondering who his 'angel' is, then I did have someone in mind while writing, but I left the name out of it so that my readers can decide. I did use male pronouns, because WonJae is gay in his canon universe.
I hope you all enjoyed it! I actually cried while writing this so I hope my tears went towards something good 😅
Feel free to request a scenario!
Bye~~~<3
-=+=-