You Came Back- Ray/Saeran

Warnings: angst at first but there's a happy ending, spoilers for V's route

"You need to be happy... You must. (Y/N)... My first and last love."

You slowly pulled the phone away from your ear, tears beginning to stream rapidly down your face. That phone call seemed so final, like that was the last time Ray would ever talk to you. Your heart clenched as you replayed his love confession in your head.

All those times he begged you not to leave; not to abandoned him. In the end you ended up doing just that and he still told you how much he loved you. It was then you knew what you had to, you had to go back to him.

You quickly went inside the cabin and checked on V. He was asleep, which made it easier to retrieve the keys to Seven's car that V had used earlier so he could be alone.

Once you got them, you quietly made your way outside without disturbing Seven or Vanderwood who would surely stop you from going. After putting the car into ignition it was time to go back to where this all started: Mint eye.
_____________________________

Hours later, you finally arrived parking out front of the cult headquarters, but quickly ducked once the building exploded, sending fire and pieces of it everywhere.

Wait Ray was in the building... you thought as you wasted no time going into the fiery structure to look for the manipulated hacker. The first place you thought to check was your room since he loved being in there because it reminded him of you.

You coughed violently as smoke entered your lungs, and you had to move from one side to another to avoid the falling pieces of ceiling threatening to fall on top of you.

You finally made it to your room to see Ray lying on your bed, clutching the wilted bouquet of roses close to his chest that he gave to you what felt like a decade ago.

You also took note of the tears on his cheeks and the soot and burns that now decorated his body and clothes. "Ray can you hear me? Are you alright? What happened?!" You asked, frantically rushing to his side to make sure he was breathing.

He didn't respond which worried you greatly, so you picked him up and hurriedly carried him outside. Once outside and away from the flames and smoke, you decided to give him CPR since he probably got to much smoke in his lungs.

You first gave him heart palpitations, and then opened his mouth so you could share your oxygen with him. After doing this for about a minute, he sat up and gasped and than immediately began to violently cough.

When he was done he looked into your eyes and tears began to swim in his. "(Y/N)... you came back," he whispered softly as the tears began to pour.

"Yeah I did. I couldn't leave you alone Ray, because I care about you a lot," you replied, hesitantly cupping his cheek with your hand. He leaned into your warmth, and you began to dry his tears with your thumb, softly caressing his cheek.

"I missed you so much (Y/N), and I love you a lot too," Ray got out between sobs.

"I missed you as well Ray, and.... I love you too," you confessed as tears began to run down your face. He smiled warmly at your confession and now it was his turn to dry your tears.

"I'm so glad you don't hate me and that you returned my love, I promise I will never do anything to make you leave me again."

You frowned a bit at his statement. You didn't leave because of him and of course you didn't hate him. You left because of Rika and because this was a cult forcing people to take a weird drug, also V was hurt.

You would've taken Ray with you in a heartbeat, but knew he wouldn't have gone with you because he was so brainwashed and manipulated by Rika.

"I didn't leave because of you Ray it was because of what this place is," you reasoned with him, trying to make him understand now that Rika was no savior.

"This place brainwashed you it didn't help you, and Rika manipulated you into being her puppet she wasn't a savior. Please Ray you need to get help now."

He was silent for a moment before closing his eyes and squeezing your hand back. "I know your right, but I have no place in the outside world beyond paradise," Ray started, looking at you with love, fear, and longing in his eyes.

"Everyone always leaves me, and I'm not deserving of happiness I know that now-"

"that's not true! I promise I won't leave you, not again. I only did the first time because I knew you would not have come with me, and I needed to get out," you explained desperately.

"And you do deserve happiness, more than anyone. You have been manipulated and abused by someone you trusted, but I swear I will never let that happen again. So please, Ray, come with me and get help."

Ray was speechless. His tears stopped, and he stared at you wide eyed in shock. A couple seconds later his eyes softened and he then cupped your cheek in his burned glove, and kissed you gently, putting all the love he felt for you into it.

"Thank you (Y/N), for everything. Love is not a big enough word to describe how much I care for you," he then whispered kissing you over and over agin causing heat to rise to both of your faces.

"I-it was nothing really I just love you and want you to be happy," you stuttered as you got up the courage to entwine your fingers in his white and pink hair, and kiss him back with all the love you felt and all the love he deserved.

After a minute he pulled away, and you felt yourself get lost in his brilliant mint eyes. He rubbed his thumb over your bottom lip and sighed contently. "That place was never my paradise," Ray said finally breaking the comfortable silence.

"It has always been you."

And at that you smiled and intertwined you fingers with his leading him to the car and driving back to the cabin where V, Vanderwood, and Seven were. You were finally able to save Ray and you would never leave him again.

A/N: Hello fellow MysticMessenger lovers! I wrote this a year ago when V's route came out but I never posted it because I was still getting used to Wattpad at the time. But after, playing and finishing Saeran's route this week because I finally had time, I realized how much I love this game and I decided to start an imagines book for it! Thanks so much for reading and I love you all!💕💖