Chapter Two

A/N: SURPRISE MOTHAFUCKAS

I can't focus on the first day. I've had my head down the whole time in class. All I can think about is the stupid green man.

I've had him around for a while now, but he reappears every now and then. I think I can control him a little better now, but he mostly floats there. He's kind of a curse, though. 

Sure, I can reach things easily and not have to get up as much, but I kinda wish other people could see him. I've asked my mother before if she could see the green man, but she thinks it's an "imaginary friend". Something stupid that kids my age like to have.

Oh right, I'm still in class. I zone back in and thankfully, Tsukishima-sensei is still teaching. It's something about math and multiplying numbers. More mind-numbing stuff. I yawn and wait for the next break to start-- Is there even a next break? Oh right, dismissal.

Tsukishima-sensei starts to wrap up class and assigns homework. I take one of the homework papers she assigns and put it in my folder. The bell rings and Polnareff looks eager to talk to me. 

Hey. What'd I tell you? There's no point. If you ask or tell them about me, they'll call you a weirdo. 

I avert my eyes and quickly walk off, going in the other direction from him. Though, before I walk off, I catch a glimpse of the raven-haired boy that told the girls to shut up earlier. He nods at me with some sort of respect or acknowledgment perhaps? I'm not sure why, but I appreciated it.

I exit the school gates and make my way home. The walk home was a blur-- not in the sense that I couldn't focus on anything, but it was so boring I didn't want to pay attention. I didn't make the green man come out during my walk because it felt weird seeing him outdoors. 

Upon opening the door to my home, I'm greeted with the nice smell of something sugary. Perhaps Mother's been baking? I love it when she makes sweets. I take off my shoes and place them by the door, closing it behind me.

"Mother! I'm home!" I call out affectionately.

"Nori!" She happily calls back and runs from the kitchen, holding me warmly. "I made you some pie! I know the first day might have been exhausting for you!"

I smile and hug back. She lets go and I follow her to the dining room, sitting on a chair. I swing my legs while sitting since they can't quite touch the floor yet, but are almost there.

She places a plate in front of me with a slice of the pie on it. The pie filling is cherries with some kind of syrup, and it smells so sweet. I look up at my mother who's sitting next to me with a  slice of her own and I can't help but grin. "Thank you, Mother!"

"Of course, Nori! How was school for you today?"

The rest of the evening goes by, and I dozed off peacefully since my mother tucked me in.

The harsh rays of the morning sun on my face wake me up again. I yawn softly and the green man is there, drawing the curtains closed and waving at me. I wave back and retract him when I hear my mother's footsteps up the stairs.

"Good morning Nori!" she called out and knocked on the door.

~

"Have fun at school, Nori!" she waved at me after she dropped me off. I wave back and say nothing as I head back to my classroom. 

"Noriaki Kakyoin!!!" Someone calls out my full name. I turn and it's Polnareff.

Hey. Don't forget. 

The green man appears again, hovering by my side as Polnareff makes his way to me.

Don't let him get too close.

He arrives in front of me. I don't want to be rude again so I wait for him to catch his breath.

"You!..." he pants, "I..."

"Take your time, Polnareff." I reassure him, "What is it?"

"You!!" he points, not at me, but behind me. I turn and he's pointing at the green man. Is this some kind of joke?

"What...? What are you pointing at?" I ask, feigning ignorance.

"The green thing!!!" he calls out and a man manifests from behind him as well.

I suddenly regret my rudeness towards him yesterday. Perhaps I can make a friend after all.