Introduction

Lalia Brownlock is a half-breed. Her mother is an elf from Rivendell. Her father was a hobbit of The Shire with a hunger for adventure. Lalia is known as "the most beautiful half-breed in Middle Earth" One day, this title caught the attention of the elvenking Thranduil, trying to find a worthy future wife for his son, Prince Legolas (LEGGY!). He didn't much care for the fact that the girl was a half-breed. Instead, he only cared about her title and her reputation. Since she was living with her parents in Rivendell at the time, Thranduil came to discuss a betrothal of the two, bringing Legolas with him. 

While it was being discussed, which took nearly a month, Prince Legolas and Lalia grew to be great friends. They spent every day of that month together, playing and running around the halls of Rivendell. They grew to care for each other greatly. They were saddened when it was time for Thranduil and Legolas to return home. The matter had been discussed and the betrothal refused. Legolas and Lalia promised to write each other whenever they felt lonely.

After Lalia's father's unfortunate death at the hands of an Orc named Bolg in an ambush while they had been on a walk through the forest, her mother thought it would be best if she were sent to live somewhere else. They went back to The Shire to find an old friend of her father, a hobbit with a son named Bilbo Baggins. Lalia's mother knew she would be safe there and, with a broken and distressed heart, said goodbye to her daughter, not knowing if they would see each other again.

Bilbo and Lalia grew up together, dreaming of adventures and quests. They each felt that the other was like the sibling they wished they had. When the quaint little hobbit hole was passed down to Bilbo, he insisted that Lalia stay with him. And that's how it was, how it stayed for years until a certain wizard by the name of Gandalf asked them to join a quest. A quest to take a mountain, slay a dragon, and rescue some gold in The Company of Thorin Oakenshield. This is where our story begins.