Erikar (#3)

Ship:
Eridan X Karkat (Erikar)

Content:
SFW

Requested By:
Joruxxi

Eridan sat on the floor against the couch with his cute matesprite, Karkat, sitting in between his legs. Karkat's eyes were stuck on the screen in front of him. Movie night was usually fun, but Karkat picked a movie Eridan didn't really care for.
Obviously, Eridan couldn't say he disliked the movie or else they'd end up arguing about what to watch. Karkat was always defensive about the movies he picked to watch, especially if it was a beloved romcom of his.

"Eridan?" Karkat leaned back against his chest and looked up at him, "You made a grumpy sigh. Are you bored?"
"What? No!" Eridan laughed nervously, "Of course not, Kar. I'm just... cold! It is snowin' outside after all."

"I can make us some hot cocoa. Dave and John brought over a box of it yesterday when they were attempting an experiment."
"Experiment?"
"Well, it was more of a bet. They wanted to see who would puke first from drinking the hot cocoa mixed with hot sauce. I had to be the referee because I apparently owed Dave a solid."

"Well, I'm not much of a cocoa person. And not all of me is cold," Eridan thought for a moment and had an idea, "Only my mouth is cold. Mind warmin' it up for me?"
"You smooth mother fucker," Karkat laughed and turned slightly to give him a kiss.

Eridan smiled happily, his fins fluttering a bit.
Karkat pulled away, kissing his nose, "Better?"
"Much better. Thank you, love." Eridan nuzzled his face into his shoulder.
"You're such a dork," Karkat laughed and pulled himself away. He paused the movie and stood up, "Now that I mentioned it, I want some cocoa now. I'm gonna go make some."

"Noooooo!" Eridan whined and laid on the floor, reaching out to Karkat as he walked away, "Don't leave meeeeee! My lips are cold again! I'm gonna die from the cold! I can feel my body freezing!"

"Eridan, you're a sea dweller. The cold shouldn't bother you."
"Snow is different!"
"The heater is on."
"I need kisses from a cute troll to live!"
"Sollux lives next door."
"I said a cute troll, not a bumbling hideous idiot."

Karkat came back from the kitchen, holding a mug and laughing, "Don't worry. I'm back."
"Yay."
"God, can't go five seconds without me," Karkat mumbled, sitting back down in his spot and giving Eridan another kiss, "Are you fully recovered now?"
"I'm not sure. I might need another one just in case." Eridan grinned.
"You're too much." Karkat gave him another then unpaired the movie, watching it happily as he drank his cocoa.

Eridan nuzzled his face back into Karkat's shoulder, paying no attention to the movie at all. He closed his eyes and sighed happily.

Karkat felt a smile form on his face as he was held close. He knew Eridan wasn't paying attention, but he didn't really mind this time. To be honest, the movie wasn't that great. Well, he didn't like the pairing that ended up as the main couple in the end. Stupid director! How dare he not make the blue blood take back the teal!! They were perfect! The green was a bitch!

"Eridan?"
"Yes?" Eridan mumbled, placing his chin on his shoulder.
"I wanna go out in the snow."
"But it's cooooooold. Let's just stay in here and snuggle up!"
"But I wanna go play in the snoooooow." He turned around and wrapped his arms around Eridan's neck, "Pretty pretty pretty pleeeeease?"

Eridan sighed, "How can I say no to that cute face?"
"Yay!" Karkat stood up and ran to the room, gearing up in many layers of Kanaya's handmade sweaters.
Eridan followed behind him and laughed when he saw how lumpy Karkat looked with all of the sweaters on, "You look like a marshmallow."

"Shut up," Karkat waddled out of the room to the front door, struggling to put his shoes on. After Eridan came back out of the bedroom with appropriate attire, he helped Karkat put on his snow boots.

"Thank you." Karkat blushed.
"You're welcome. Maybe don't stuff yourself so much next time. You're like that little human from that Christmas movie John showed us."

"Oh!! The one where that human had his tongue stuck to a pole in the snow?"

"Yeah, that movie."

Eridan put his own boots on and opened the door, letting Karkat run out into the front yard. He wasn't exactly used to living with snow yet, so Karkat got overly excited whenever he saw it. He was so caught up in taking it all in, he fell face first a few feet out into the snow. Eridan couldn't help but laugh as he ran over to help him up.

"HOLY FUCK MY FACE FEELS FROZEN." Karkat shivered, "Eridan, you gotta warm up my face."

Eridan placed his hands on Karkat's cheeks and squished them together, smirking.
"You know that's not what I meant-" Karkat spoke through his squished cheeks and made a small, delighted noise when Eridan kissed him.

Eridan pulled away and smiled, kissing his forehead, nose and pecking his lips again.
"Love you, Kar."

"Love you too..."