Chapter 2: Encounter

Hello! Glad I have a few people reading this!!! I'm going to try to work on this more often, so, if you're really interested, just check back on this story every now and then to see if I have written a new chapter. But for now, enjoy this chapter!!!!   ^.^

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cry's POV:

 I walked off of my porch, putting my hands in the belt loops of my jeans. I got to the front of the driveway, half-expecting to be crushed under a stampede of fans. That wasn't the case. One of the reasons I chose this house to move to was that most of the families that lived in the neighborhood did a lot of things together, and watching YouTube didn't seem like a "family activity". Luckily, I was right, and I get to live in a nice, peaceful, weaboo-and-fangirl-free neighborhood. I turned my head to the right to see a family of four playing catch a couple of houses down. I smiled a bit, turn the other way, and head toward the café. As I walked along the sidewalk, I looked on either side of the road at the people that seemed to always have fun with each other. At one point I saw a toddler attempting to wrestle a large dog, at which I let out a chuckle. A ways down the road, I saw the sign standing on the grass next to the sidewalk surrounding the café. It said "Welcome to the Stewart Family Coffee Shop!" It went on to list numerous specials on bagels, coffee, etc. I walked into the shop, the little bell connected to door ringing when I opened the door. I was welcomed with friendly faces, not a bit creeped out at the fact that I wore a mask all the time. The owner, who worked behind the counter, smiled and asked me what I wanted. I ordered the same thing I usually do: a small turkey submarine with a medium cappuccino. He nodded, ringing up the order on the register, though it seemed as if he knew every price by heart. The order rang up as $5.63. I reached into my back pocket to get my wallet, pulled out a $10 dollar bill, and handed it to him. He open the cash drawer to get me my change. He held out his hand with the change in it, saying, "Here you go!", but I had already just said my thanks and taken my seat in the corner booth.

Minx's POV:

I walk out onto the front porch, turning toward a lawn chair placed to the left of the stairs. I sat down in it, looking around at the scenery surrounding me. If I ever moved to America, I would want to live in a neighborhood like that. It was quiet, friendly, and had a good aura about it that just made me smile. I breathed in deeply, taking in the fresh scent. I removed myself from the chair, walking down the steps toward the road. I looked back down at my phone, which told me to turn right, which I did. Walking down the road, I noticed a lot of friendly faces smiling toward me, sensing that I was a new face. I smiled back at them, feeling a bit uncomfortable yet warm inside. I noticed a lot of warm colours, happy to see one house coloured a deep purple. It was two stories tall, almost having the same structure as Dlive's. Surrounding it was a light-gray fence, and on top of the building was a roof of the same colour. Outside, the grass was neatly cut, and, next to the mailbox (which was also purple), was a realtor sign with a phone number and the symbol of a realty company that I was not familiar with. If I did live here, I would definitely live in that house. Prying my eyes off of the glorious structure, I walked a bit further to find the diner. I looked down at my phone, which told me that this was the correct place. I walked up to the door and pushed it open, welcomed by a dainty little bell and a few people that were probably from the neighbourhood. I walk up to the counter, which was manned by a man of about 60, assuming that he was the owner of the establishment. "Good morning!! How can I help you?" he asked. I looked over the morning for a couple of seconds, before just ordering a medium cup of coffee. "Do you have any additives? Like creamer of sugar?" I asked. He nodded, smiling the smile that never seemed to leave his lips, and pointed toward the drink station. At the station were lids, straws, stirring rods, sugar, and a few different kinds of creamer, including French vanilla. He rang up the order on the cash register, coming to a cost of $1.78. I smiled, reached into my jacket pocket, and pulled out a couple of dollar bills. He accepted the money, handing me my change, which I just stuffed into my jacket pocket. He turned around, pouring a cup of coffee for me, and handed it to me. I told him thanks and headed toward the station. There, I added a lot of creamer (French vanilla, of course) and sugar, stirred it with one of the rods provided, and put the lid on the cup. I turned around to see, much to my surprise, Cry, or at least a guy in a Cry mask. Time to test it out, I thought to myself. I walked toward the booth, and, upon my arrival there, I reached for the base of the mask. He quickly and instictively swatted my hand away, the heat of his glare nearly melting the plastic. I laughed and sat down on the other side of the booth. "Hi, Cry," I said, still sort of giggling. I could tell that he was both annoyed and confused.

Cry's POV:

I wanted to slap this girl, but I knew that was wrong. Who the hell is she? I thought. "Glad you recognize me," she sarcastically remarked. Wait, that voice....."Sorry for wanting to slap you, Minx," I said to her. What the heck was she doing in America? Was she visiting a friend? "I came to visit America for the convention," she said, basically reading my mind and answering the questions in it. "Blues?" I asked. "Yep. Actually, one of my friends lives just down the road, and he's going to take me there. He said that he was going too, and asked if I wanted to stay with him until the convention. I accepted the invitation, and here I am. And you? What are you doing here?" I told her that I lived up the road and that I was also going to Memphis that weekend for the convention. I looked at my watch, which read 1:30. "Sorry, but I have to go set up for a livestream with Felix and Ken." I told her. She nodded and waved goodbye. I picked up my trash and threw it away on my way out the door. Mr. Stewart heard the bell and told me I was always welcome to come back. I turned around and waved, smiling. I faced foward again, walked out the door, and headed home.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, here's Chapter 2!! Hope you enjoyed it, and I will write Chapter 3 soon!! BAI!!!!!!! :D