Chapter 1

Some people seem to have life easy. They have everything. Cars. Girls. Money. Vacation homes. And then there are those who go through life only with what they have on their backs. There are those who have burdens weighting on them and are told to keep it all hidden inside.

I am a hider. It really is a crime in Havana to tell others what's inside of you. We aren't supposed to tell people our feelings, because then disunity is caused.

So if the Entities find this, please tell them that this was written 200 years ago before 2050. That was before all this madness started. Before the Civil War that destroyed the country completely. Before we had to hide inside ourselves.

But sometimes I just want to let it all out! I can't hide inside myself anymore. I refuse to do it. I refuse to listen to the Entities. I never really liked them to begin with. They always keep good in short supply, and the only way to get more food is to bribe them. They take anything teeth, hair, your life or another's life. Anything! Their motto is, "The less people in this country the better."

I really don't understand the whole ordeal, but they are the "masterminds" behind everything, and the bigger rule than keep your feelings to yourself, is don't question the Entities.

But that ends. Today.