Chapter 4: confrontation

Authors note:
Soooo I hope y'all like this short update. I'm really trying to update as much as I can. But bare with me guys :) psssstt.. guys check out my two other books if you would want to.

Question: what do y'all think about Ariana Grande and her fiancé Pete Davidson's relationship? Don't come at me with the "if she's happy then I'm happy" shit lmao. Just like in general do you guys think he's good for her since how ignorant he is?

Ariana's pov

All since what Zayn had said on the group chat the atmosphere became weird around me and Justin. Even though Zayn could've just been joking I couldn't ignore it. I've known Justin for many years and he has always given me signs about his "attraction" to me, but everytime I would confront him about it he would just shut off my what he called "ridiculous" thoughts and then we would go back to normal.

"Soooo" Justin started, breaking the awkward silence. "What is that you wanted to talk about"

"Justin you know what I want to talk about. But why, why did you always deny your feelings for me whenever I had asked you about it?" I could see how he flinched at my words.

"S-seriously how could've I just told my own f-friend that I liked her" my body tensed at his words. How could he just act like crushing on your own best friend and pushing her off every time she asked you about it being something normal. Of course I would've wanted to know. Do not best friend tell everything to each other?

"Beside you were with a new boy every day. I couldn't just confess my feelings for someone that was already taken" his harsh words came out as a whisper.

"Excuse you. Are you saying that I'm a slut now?" I was becoming angry.

"I seriously don't know" was the only words that he could say. He immediately sat up and left me alone sitting in the cafeteria I had told him to come to so we could discuss his "feelings" for me.

My heart broke into million of pieces. I didn't know what to do. Should I run after him and stop him? Or should I just continue with my day? Or how would I just continue with the day knowing that mine and my best friend's of years friendship had now broken. Maybe I should've never confronted him. Maybe then we could continue acting as if nothing was wrong. Just what we always did.