Chapter 6: Well that could have gone better (End)

((Warnings: Cursing and self-harming...Sorta))

I sat alone by my brother's body all night. Staring at the ground in dispair while my brother just lied there dead or half-dead. He couldn't tell me everything was alright, he couldn't tell me that mom and dad are in heaven. He couldn't tell me to have hope, he couldn't help me, I couldn't talk to him about what I need to. I don't have anyone to hold me back from hurting myself, I have no one to care about me anymore. I am alone. I looked over at him and crawled over to him, I searched his pockets for an item he carried on him at all times. Once I found it I pulled it out and smiled lightly. "You always needed your Mp3 didn't you?" I asked him, brushing his hair out of his face. I knew he wouldn't answer. So I just sighed and lied my head on his chest. Just silence, well other than Daryl and the others taking care of the dead walkers. I laughed lightly "I feel like I'm in a T.V show. Maybe if that was true you wouldn't be gone" I stated "But this isn't a show, this is reality. That's what was always wrong with me. I lived vicariously after I came back. Watching The X-Files, thinking that nothing like that could ever happen. Playing video games, knowing that skeletons or zombies could be real. But I was wrong I always was,  you tried to pull me from that. I'm sorry that I was so stuck in that life that I led but now...I'm awake" I talked to the dead body I was laying my head on. "We bury them!" I heard Glenn yell, I looked up, seeing Daryl and Jim with a dead body. "I didn't know him but he had a family, Glenn's right" I thought, laying my head back down on his chest as they walked by me "You reap what you sow" Daryl stated "You know what? Shut up, man" Morales snapped, Daryl dropped the body and walked away "Ya'll left my brother for dead. You had this coming" He pointed to my brother and I. I shook my head "Fucking asshole" I muttered "An eye for an eye"  I sighed and cupped my brothers face "A piece of trash for an angel" I took my hand off his face and looked at the sky "A walker got him, a walker bit Jim" Jacqui spoke backing away from Jim. I looked over as he backed up "I'm okay, I'm okay" He reassured "Show it to us" I groaned "Fuck" Jim grabeed a shove to protct himself with "Easy, Jim" Shane took a step toward him, Jim swung the shovel at him "Jim put it down. Put it down!" T-Dog grabbed Jim from behind, making Jim drop the shovel. Daryl ran up and lifted it showing the bite "I'm okay, I'm okay" Jim repeated multipul times breathing heavily. 

Jim sat down in front of the RV while the others decided on what to do with Jim. I just watched from where I was. Since that'sall I could do, that's all I wanted to do. Sit here until Dylan woke up and bit me. While they were doing that I lifted my sleeve, seeing the scared bands that were around my wrist already. I took out my knife and cut another band, all around my wrist. It wasn't deep but it was deep enough to leave a scar. That's the only other way I could remember my friends and family. This holds a different meaning that just straight up cutting. I pulled my sleeve up to leave it to soak up my blood. "Someone needs to have some balls and take care of this damn problem!" Daryl shouted running up to stab Jim in the head with a pickaxe. Rick pulled a gun to his head, saying "We don't kill the living" Ironic, Daryl put the axe down and looked at Rick "That's funny, coming from a man who just put a gun to my head" Daryl retorted "We may disagree on somethings, not on this. Put the weapon down. Go on" Shane commanded, Daryl slammed the pick into the ground and walked off. Shane picked it up and Rick grabbed Jim. I couldn't hear what they said, or maybe I just didn't care. After a while of staring at the sky, Dale came up to me. I looked at him with a dead stare "I just came to pay my respects" I nodded and looked back up to the sky. After a few moments of silence he spoke "Did I ever mention how my wife died?" I looked at him  "Cancer?" He nodded "I dragged her to every doctor, every test. And after all the surgeries and the chemos, she was ready. She accepted it, you know? But I never could. And I spent the last few years so angry. I felt so cheated" I furrowed my eyebrows "I'm sorry, I know how that feels" He nodded "I bet" I chuckled "Not about my family" He looked at me confused "Back when I was in the army, I had a friend Lieutenant. James Connor. He got show in the stomach and we had to MedeVac him out. The doctor kept pumping him with my blood as we flew over to our hospital. While I was holding down his wound, when we eventually got there, we got him out and into a surgery room, but while he was in there, and this is what the doctors told me. He said that "Tell Jack Anderson that. I can't hold on and that I accept death since I'm already hugging him" and...He died a little bit after he said that. He...he was the best fighter, but he had his problems. And you know? I can't blame him, it was like this over there except the people over there could shoot" Dale's eyes widened "I'm so sorry" I smiled "It's fine, I'm just glad I didn't have to make that phone call" I stated "Maybe that's what Dylan did. And I just have to except it" He smiled lightly "You'll know what to do" He stated, standing up and walking away. I smiled and looked at the sky "Maybe".  After a few minutes, I felt him stir. I sat up and placed my hand over his mouth. He was breathing or huffing, or something. His eyes snapped open, I looked into them and smiled holding back tears. His brown eyes were fully blood shot and glossy, and his skin was pale. He was one of them. I loomed over him as he was sitting up, I leaned back as he did. "Hey buddy. Lil bro, how are ya'?" I asked. He growled and reached for me. I sat back and smiled at him "Come on bro your gonna have to try harder than that" He continued to reach for me, I stood up "Come on get up. Or can you?" I asked taunting him " He got up, well tried to "Oh come on" I groaned and helped him up. He tried biting me as I helped him. This got the attention of the camp I let go and he stumbled "Oh, don't bite the hand that feeds. I thought I taught you that" I laughed darkly stepping in front of him "Come on, Dilly. I know you want to get me" He growled and stumbled towards meI stepped back "Gotta try harder than that" "Jack don't play around" Shane spoke as I skipped around my zombie brother "Let me do this" I said looking at him. Dylan grabbed my arm and tried bringing it to his mouth "Nope" I pulled my arm away, he fell  and tried grabbing my ankle. I backed up and squatted in front of him "I'm sorry, lil bro. Mom always told me not to tease you" He groaned and crawled towards me "Daryl can I have my gun?" "Why?" "I need it" Daryl scoffed and tossed it to me and it fell next to my foot "Thanks" I muttered and grabbed it. I checked the chamber making sure there was a bullet. I stood up and pointed it towards Dylan's head "10 rounds become 9." I whispered and pulled the trigger. I sighed and placed my pistol in my holdster.