Chapter 4: Blocked

I continued messaging Liz and we both ranted about how our lives are slowly crumbling around us. Talking to her really put things into perspective for me though, and, made me realise that I needed time away from Hazel, but I really didn't want to have to bring it up with her. She would spread so much about me around the school, and would make me feel worse then I already felt.

I decided I should go to bed, and give myself a rest. This drama is exhausting. I said good night to my friends, slipped on my pajamas, and got ready for bed.

After I got ready, I jumped into bed, my thoughts consuming me more than ever. I just thought and thought and thought. I felt stuck. I had no idea what to do, or where to go. I wished more than ever that I was still close with my old friends. I wished I had never got into this situation in the first place. I just wanted all this to go away, and have people I actually trusted back in my life. After hours of tossing and turning in bed, I finally drifted off to sleep.

***

The next school day dragged on and on. To my surprise, Hazel didn't really talk about Brody once. It was really odd. It was like she was avoiding him in a way. I got home that day and decided to message Brody. For some reason, he kept trying to leave the group chat. I messaged him asking why.

I go out of my DM's and saw Hazel put something on her Instagram story. I press on it, and see that she put up a poll, asking if she should ask out her crush or not. Un-bloody-believable.

I replied back asking if it was who I was thinking of, just in case her crush has changed within the past 24 hours. Believe me, she has changed her mind like that before about a guy.

I get a notification from her straight away saying "maybe". I was astonished. How could she do that? I sent back "omggg" and act like I'm not even the tiniest bit annoyed. She then sends another message, saying "idk. I feel bad tho"

I sent her a message back and asked her why she felt bad. I knew she probably didn't feel bad about any of this. She just loves the drama, and the attention.

"because of you" she sends.

'fake' I thought to myself. I rolled my eyes. This is so messed up.

"Don't worry about me" I said, trying to contain myself. The truth was, I was scared of her. Intimidated by her. She has threatened to beat up so many people at my school, that I was too scared that if I said I didn't want to hang out with her, she would do the same to me. Why did I have to get myself into this situation?

She then decided to change the subject, and went on to talking about class work.

I went out of my DM's with Hazel, and checked to see if Brody had seen the message. I click on the message, but suddenly, everything disappeared. That was odd. I thought it might have been a glitch, I decided to refresh the app, then go back onto the messages. Nothing. All of our messages had disappeared. Did he... block me?

(A/N hi guys! sorry for such a short chapter, but I promise chapter 5 will be longer. If you haven'talready, make sure you check out Andrea's story 'so, this is love' and stay tunned for our up coming stories!)