CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

" name one hero who was happy "

We ran.

Yep. We ran straight into the gun fire.

Right into the middle of it.

I ducked, rolled and ran into a door way, not getting once hit by a bullet.

I then winced and looked down at my leg. Well, never mind what I just said. I did get grazed by one.

"Thomas!" Minho yelled over the gun fire. I looked over at him to see him and everyone else looking at me with wide eyes. "You stupid shank!"

"I could kill you right now!" Sonya yelled, giving me one of her glares.

"I am probably going to die anyway!" I shouted back, my eyes wide as a bullet flew past my face, too close for comfort. "Yup. I am so gonna die," I told myself, but grinned anyway. "Eh. Who cares as long as Newt gets out of this place."

I then ran forward, ducking, rolling, reflecting, and barely missing bullets. I slid on my knees towards the closest guys and jabbed them in their knees, sending them to the ground. I quickly got up, swung my leg around, kicking one of them in the face, took the gun away from the other, and shot them both in their heads. Blood splattered on my face but I didn't care as long as I got my friends out of here safely.

Maybe, by now, Rat-man and Ava will figure out that they can't mess with us anymore. We will just keep killing their men and running away.

I have no clue on why they would run after the people they know they can't keep hostage.

I picked up another gun and threw it to Minho who quickly caught it, positioned it in his hands and shot a guy who ran out from behind the wall.

We smirked at each other before standing side by side, shooting at W.C.K.D.

I screamed in rage as I walked forward, making sure to aim for the head, knowing they can't come back from that. There was no way this was gonna be a Newt thing. I was going to make sure they stay dead. Dead meant they can't come back and hunt us, hurt us or threaten the people we love.

I turned around, throwing the gun over my shoulder as I realized that all the guys were dead and that I was out of bullets.

I grinned at the others that stood there, looking at Minho and I in disbelief.

"That was the most fun since we decided to come out here." Minho grinned and raised his hand up in the air, waiting for a high-five. I chuckled and high-fived him.

"Hell yeah!" I agreed, wiping the blood off of my face by the sleeves of my jacket.

"You killed them," Came the voice of Scott who looked around at all of the dead bodies. That was when red alarms started to go off. I jumped up and my eyes widened.

"We gotta go!" I yelled and we all started to run towards where we thought was the exit. I picked up a gun as I ran, gripping it in my overly sweaty hands. Sweat rolled down my face as I pushed forward, coming to a closed door with a security password.

"Aris." I said loudly, positioning myself in front of everyone, waiting for when the guards start cornering us. The gun was raised as I turned my head to look back at Aris who nodded and started trying to hack it.

"Already on it," He told me, his fingers moving dangerously fast on the small screen that sat on the wall.

I looked down the hall as I heard approaching foot steps. I raised the gun, and Minho followed my action. Both of us had grim looks on our faces as Ava and Rat-man came around the corner, about a dozen or so guards behind them.

"Thomas!" Ratman shouted, his hands going up in the air. "We have done this before. You know how that ended."

I grinned and nodded. "Yeah, we got away."

"Just to get captured again," He told me, a smirk on his ugly rat-face.

"Yeah, but your facility was then over-ran by FBI and we were all freed," I told him, my index finger dangerously close to the trigger. All it took was for my finger to even flinch and the bullet would be shot. I licked my lips, my eyebrows furrowed down as I glared at them.

The guards stood behind them, their guns aimed at all of us.

All it would take is one shot and someone would die.

"All except Newt."

That name sent me into a spiral. My breathing became irregular. Tears came to my eyes as I realized that he might know that Newt is alive.

"Well, you see, Thomas," Ratman started, taking a step closer to me but I raised my gun higher as I realized that I had lowered it. My honey colored eyes became cold as I stared Ratman in the eye.

"We know that Newt is alive."