3. STORY IN EDITING

Harry.

Five months I've spent away from my family, away from Cheshire, away from my friends, away from her. The guilt fell upon me the first days I decided to disappear, mostly everyone thought when I disappeared that I had left right away- but I hadn't, I stayed for a couple days to make sure everything went how it was before I 'left'.

The guilt ate away at me the first day, the day she found out and went to my apartment to verify I was actually gone. From my laptop hooked up to the security camera I placed inside my apartment I watched the mascara run down her face, my heart breaking just as much as hers was. Maybe staying to watch my best friend loose her sanity for few days wasn't exactly the best thing to do when I was trying to leave her along with the rest of them but she had big things planned for her and I couldn't let her throw away all of that because I made my decision.

But then again, maybe it was best.

Just cause the stars in the sky didn't line up the way they used to for me didn't mean she had to give up everything with me.

Just cause I couldn't fight, just cause I was tired of crying I had to leave and knowing she was okay, that she was going to be fine and that was what helped me make this process easier.

I wish I could have been there to protect her from the world she was entering alone, she got an opportunity and it was best for her but I knew without me leaving she wouldn't accept it. Should I have stayed? Should I have done things differently? Should I have? Maybe if I did I wouldn't have had Connor check up on her everyday telling me how she broke down the days before I left for good. She was left without an explanation or without a goodbye, how could I let go right after telling her goodbye though?

After I left for good, when I was on my way to Westmount I overthought everything. Maybe it was wrong for me to leave but just cause I believed it was wrong, just cause it hurt doesn't mean it wasn't right. I wish I could have gone over and sat on the corner of her bed, looking at the pastel pink walls one more time then returning my focus to her sleeping figure, whispering to her that she'll move on; that she'll find another best friend who she trusted as much as she trusted me. I wish I could take away her memory like on that weird vampire show she made me watch with her on Thursday nights. God, I thought about her every night before I went to bed, every morning when I woke up, every time I looked out the window, or every time I passed a place we went together on the way to the airport.

The funny thing was that I thought about her so much when I was the person who was leaving. I even switched my economy plane ticket to a first class one just so the all the memories didn't have to return. But sitting on the leather seats with some soft blanket and a packaged pillow didn't make me forget all the flying experiences we had together. She had given up so much because of me, she chose a more difficult path when she didn't have to. But she was different, she was original and from the moment I met her at the age of two just looking at us playing together you could tell we were something special. No, we were never together-as in dating-but we were always there for each other to pick up our messes and get back on track. We were different from the other kids, for years it was usually her and I, until we started to physically change and people decided to pay more attention to us. Not to her and I but to her space space space and space space space I. She got popular off attention from the guys who drooled over her as I sat back and watched while girls daydreamed from afar. Though she got higher on the social pyramid she didn't change one bit to me, same girl I met when I was little.

See now I'm fantasizing over her, what happened to moving on? After five months I'm thinking about the best friend I left, everyone I left, and I left with only one person knowing where I went. The one person wasn't even her, it was Gemma and she wasn't to tell anyone where I was. The girl I spent practically my whole life learning new things about didn't get a goodbye, she cried; in her room with the comfort of her parents and Connor, as I watched the ocean come to view 30,000 feet up in the air on my way to California. She was the girl who could send me into funk for days just by seeing an old picture of us, she was the girl with the name I've come accustomed to throughout my life.

Brynna Aleya Jacobs.

Third Person.

Brynn stood shocked at the familiar face who was wearing a similar expression. His arms have fallen from the girl he was holding who just stands there utterly confused, looking back and forth between the two. "Brynn, what are you doing here?" Liam asks, tone full of surprise, "You dyed your hair? Oh my god Brynn, I have to tell Harry!"

"No!" Brynn protests a little too quickly, trying to protect the secret that she was in Westmount for a little longer, "Don't you dare tell him. I'm not even here for him, I have a modeling thing out here." He looks at her with a flustered face obviously thinking she was here for Harry, proving that he was oblivious to her lie.

"Well, um..." He scratches the back of his neck trying to decide on how to respond to the sudden change. Liam looks at his girlfriend and then back to Brynn, "G this is Brynna and Brynn this is Gianna" he introduces them to each other, they shake hands and smile at each other trying to ease the level of awkwardness that fell upon them as they rode up in the elevator.

After Brynn got out of confined space she started to walk around the fifth floor trying to locate her room. When she finds it she walks in to the view of the white walls and black furniture that she decorated online and sent to her manager to work with. She was in awe with her creation of pops of color in places of the apartment and the tiled kitchen floor which lead up to the black granite countertops.

Walking into her room she dropped her suitcase by the foot of her bed and removed her shirt and jeans ending up in just her undergarments before putting one of Harry's old band tees over. The jet lag caught up to her as she plopped onto her new bed and threw the duvet over her Brynn was up for anything that came her way but what she didn't realize was that just downstairs the one she was searching for was talking to Niall.

-----

"Harry you're never going to believe it!" He starts, getting excited about the new girl who moved in. "An extremely gorgeousss model moved in to the building" Harry looks at Niall shocked at his announcement as they both end up with a smug grin.

"Please tell me you got her number" Harry comments, not aware the girl who moved in was someone he cared about deep inside. Niall sighs dropping his eye contact with Harry to move his eyes to the ground, "No, I didn't but when I talked to her she seemed into me so I was thinking about stopping up at her room before I go to meet Liam tomorrow."

"Really? She seemed into you? Does she even know your name?"

"Yes she does know my name and no she actually could have been but I have no clue it was kind of awkward but I'll just have do my research."

"So what's her name? Shes hot right? Of course she is, that was a stupid question, Is she tall or short? Blonde? Brunette? I prefer bru-", Harry rambles on with questions not even stopping for Niall to answer him until he cuts him off. "Harry!" Niall says over Harry's rambling which comes to a halt, "hot, tallish, light brown hair, can't give out name her management and my boss would kill me because were not allowed to give out information about her and all."

Harry sighs, wishing he could do his research along with Niall, "Well good luck mate I'm sure you'll get'er. I'm gonna head off now though so don't forget to tell me everything." After their exchange of goodbyes Niall walks to the elevator and presses the button labeled '6' as he gets out his phone and opens Safari.

He types in Brynna Jacobs in the search bar and scrolls through pictures of a blonde with an all too familiar someone, his closest friend, Harry Styles.