Chapter Eyyyyy

“Yeah. I mean nah, I don’t have plans. I was just going to have a shower, I’m all sweaty.”

Phoenix just shrugged and got to his feet. I froze as he approached me, he was shorter than me and I watched in bated silence as he leaned in close and sniffed deeply. “You smell alright to me,” he said with a smirk. “Anyway there’s no need to shower when you’re just going to get all sweaty again."

“I am?” I managed to squeak. Was he hitting on me?

“Yeah silly, it’s hot as balls outside. I’m sure you'll be sweating up a storm.” And with that he promptly turned around, leaving me more than a little confused. “You been up to Moxy’s yet? It’s a great little place.”

“Moxy’s? Never heard of it.”

Phoenix spun around and looked like he was going to slap me.

“What? on my god, it’s only the premier gay bar in all the lands!” he said with an exaggerated hand flourish. “How long have you been gay for again?”

“Officially about five days, unofficially my whole life."

He rolled his eyes. “Holy shit, and you’re how old?”

"Eighteen.”

“Well tickle my ass with a feather. My very own baby gay. It’s hard to tell since you’re so damn tall."

“Thanks, I think?” I looked him up and down again. Phoenix sure was lively. I had never met anyone like him before, and admittedly he was getting cuter by the second.

“So you’ve never been to any gay bar before?”

“That’s right.”

"Holy hell, it is my lucky day. You’re in for a real treat.” He gave me another once over and then smiled slyly. “You’re going to get eaten alive,” he muttered. Before I could respond Phoenix was dragging me away. “Come on, I need a drink.”

And with that we were out the door, my day was taking an unexpected turn. Phoenix pulled me back outside with a sigh and I followed along like a lost puppy, half-turned on and oh so confused.

“Will I even be allowed in this bar?” I asked, realizing that I wasn’t old enough to drink. “I don’t have a fake ID or anything," "Relax,” Phoenix assured. “When you’re as cute as you are,

some things don’t matter.” ' I tried to relax, but there was no way I could, thus random guy

had called me cute and I could barely contain the smile on my face.

"Lead the way,” I replied and we continued on down to Moxy’s. Now the real adventure was about to begin.