Greetings. Chapter 2

"Mom, have you seen my ray-bans anywhere?" At this point, I was in a taxi with Mom and Damian. I was shuffling through my purse attempting to find my favorite sunglasses. Mom just ignored my query and carried on pointing out the directions to Aunt Cathy's house. Fifteen minutes gone by and finally the taxi came to a stop. I sat up squinting outside the window, and gasped. I was overlooking a gigantic mansion.

~

We got out of the car and tipped the taxi driver and he sped off. We stood in front of a huge gate quietly taking in this beautiful sight. 'So this is where we are staying in the mean time until we can afford a home..' I thought. "How do we get in?" I impatiently asked, popping my bubble of thoughts. Mom pressed a button on the intercom and we heard a voice.

"Well who's there? Is this a burglar?!" A deep voice rose up. Mom face palmed herself and spoke up.

"Yeah Bert, because a burglar would really tell you he's coming to steal your stuff before he breaks in," Mom answers sarcastically. That moment we heard a bell ring and the gates finally opened.

~

Once we got in, I greeted Aunt Cathy and Uncle Bert. I haven't seen them in so long. "So Claire, how old are you now?" Auntie asks me.

"I'm now seventeen, I can finally drive."

"Wow, you're the same age as Ashley and Amy," Uncle Bert jumps in. "By the way, they're on the second floor, first door to the right in the game room. Go greet them. I'm sure they'll be happy to see you," he says. I obeyed him and followed the directions he gave me leading to the game room. I get this tingling feeling in my stomach. Not a positive feeling, a negative. My cousins and I had a bad relationship in the past.