level one

a/n this book i am writing with spotlightdolxn

" pain is your authentic self doing hard time in a prison run by the thoughts an opinions of other people " - randall core

I sat on the same faux leather couch of my parents house in my old house in Maine looking down at the floor as I listen to my mom complain about all of the wrongdoings I've come across in my life. I listen to her drag on and on about me not having a career yet so much money, and a man who does everything just for himself, and a best friend who does the same things I do. For once she was wrong about something. In fact, wrong about everything and she's is going to be the first and only one to know the story in full detail no exclusions. I'm tired of hiding this life I live.

*1 year ago*

I'm Olivia and a couple weeks ago my sorry ass just turned 21 and I've already probably gotten drunk more times then I can count. My parents hate me for not going to college and expressing my true self throughout my life and my ex was the definition of abusive and the only thing keeping me alive right now is my best friend Aubrey who is experiencing the same shitty life events I am right now. We've been friends for a long time and we came to New York together in the hopes of finding a career path that could turn our lives around but some asshole stole everything I had and Aubrey recently lost her job leaving us with nothing. 

We were sitting at the bar drinking our sorry asses away when we got bored and decided to try to walk off the alcohol. We skipped out on paying the check because it was super busy in there and fuck it. 

We started walking to my apartment when we noticed something odd going on in the alley behind the house, it was actually pretty common since we didn't have the money to be living in the safe part of new york. We started walking into the alley to take the shortcut to my apartment building.

We stumbled into a group of guys beating the shit out of someone for something having to deal with "you screwed us over" something to deal with money I guess. We tried sneaking past them and they pulled out a gun and shot the guy point blank between the eyes. We tried running and not being retards like people are in movies but they caught up to us anyway. 

"and where do you think you're going?" one of the guys said as they grabbed my arm and twisted it to get our attention as the other one did the same thing to Aubrey.

"no one will know... ever.." I tried to say but I knew deep down nothing I'd be getting no where. 

"you'll be coming with us to ensure absolutely NO ONE knows EVER. Now is that clear I don't think you'd wanna end up like that man" his voice lowering an octave as he made me and Aubrey get into the back of the jet black corvette they owned.

It took a while but we finally arrived at this abandoned area as they showed us to everyone else who was in deep of trouble as they were they stared at us with these dark and deep glazes.

"don't worry doll you'll be meeting the bosses soon, maybe they'll have a new set of toys to play with"