twenty nine

Ester +

6 months later...

Ester: Hello? I answer my phone.

Anthony: Yo! Watchu' been up to? Like I know you busy and all but can't you have a little bit of a minute to call me sometime these months?

I laugh before answering.

Ester: I was busy and I had tons of homework and since I have a job then I'm like the boss and it gets real busy.

I go to my freezer taking out my ice cream bowl and getting out a spoon before sitting on the couch turning on the T.V.

Anthony: Ah, okay, understandable. I was just calling because I want to talk to you about something.

I hum at his statement since I have my mouth full of ice cream while my shoulder is holding my phone to my ear.

Anthony: You're invited.

I furrow my eyebrows making a confused face.

Ester: To where?

Anthony: To a wedding. In the next three weeks.

I drop my spoon into the bowl setting it down before I react to what I think he's meaning.

Ester: No. No you're not.

I hear him chuckle on the other line before he makes it clear.

I scream and jump up and down on the couch before putting the phone to my ear.

Ester: Oh my God, Anthony! Stop playing with me! Please tell me you're playing!

Anthony: Nope. It's true. I'm getting married!

I continue to scream like if somebody was killing me before calming down.

Ester: That is wonderful, An. You finally found your true love. Congratulations! You are finally getting married and are taking the good path to success life.

Anthony: Yep. I realized that hooking up with girls and drinking in clubs wasn't going to get me to anything in finding the right girl for me. So, I took it to the next level with her.

Ester: Aww, and who's the chick who stole your heart?

Anthony: Giovanna.

My mouth hungs open not believing this moment that's happening.

I again begin to do the same actions as before but with much more excitement.

Ester: Aaah! She's gonna be my sister in law ! Gio is gonna be my sister in law! I can't believe this!

Anthony: Yeah. We started talking after you left a few weeks and I apologized to what had happened. We began to talk again after Gio and Dillon broke up when he started getting fame, we hunged out almost everyday and she was just so beautiful and she changed alot. I noticed that my heart was telling me that she was the one. She was the one for me to spend my life with. I love her so much. We dated for about 1 year, then I took it to the next level. I asked her to marry me and she said yes. So now we have everything planned out. I'll send you the address to where it's gonna be located two days before you get here.

Ester: I have to be there! I can't wait. You changed so much. I'm glad she was the one. You guys were my favorite when y'all dated in highschool. And now look at you, all grown up and mature to marry.

Anthony and I talk for a few minutes before he tells me that he has to leave since he's going to pick out the cake for them. We bid our goodbyes and hang up.

I sit there for a moment thinking how my life will be once someone asks me to marry them. Whether it's Nate or not, I'm just waiting for them to come and act up to get on their knees and marry me.

I take my phone and text Giovanna.

Ester: gurl, why you didn't tell me that you were gonna get married.

I lock my phone waiting for her answer later since she's probably busy with her plans.

My phone dings after a minutes or two as I take it.

Gio: I was gonna tell you when I texted you hi the other time. I guess you were busy that's why you didn't see it or didn't respond.

Oops.

Ester: sorry, but I have been busy with college and work. Anyways, congratulations! You finna be my sister in law best friend!

Giovanna: Ikr! I can't believe I have gotten up to here. He's turned out real sweet after you left, thank your parents for making Anthony 😉

Ester: eww! Shut up. But, I'll see you in three weeks. See you soon, although I miss you.

Giovanna: gurl, you dont even know how much I'm suffering without you! 😭😭 I love you!

Ester: ight. Peace.

I get up from the couch and head to the kitchen to leave the ice cream and head to my room to get myself prepared for work.

I take a quick shower grab and put on my uniform for work and fix my cap.

I grab my keys and lock the door since Sherry is out to her classes.

Speaking of her, I wonder what John and her were taking about yesterday at the airport since they were all smiling and flirting.

Could it be...?

I hope they do date since they are perfect for each other and Sherry is a good influence for him since she's different from every other girl. She's sweet, caring, fun, and nice with other people. She also doesn't go to parties that much neither do I and all we do is hang in our studio and watch movies every night.

But I'll have to talk to her about John.

I arrive to my job and see the whole parking lot is packed and all bunched up outside of the lot going into the streets.

I groan shaking my head knowing that tonight will be the death of my mind and mouth.

✘✘✘