Car Ride

My first story on here guys! Enjoy(; don't worry, there will be smut later on...wait for the right time<3

~Part One~

I cant fucking believe it.

Am I really being forced to spend the summer with Chloe?

I mean, we aren't even sisters! Just because we share the same mother, doesn't mean they could ship me off to her house for the whole damn summer! So mom and Ralph wanted to go to Europe for their honeymoon, Thats perfectly fine with me. But I'm seventeen! I'm going into my junior year...surely I can take care of myself for the rest of summer?

I mean, it's not like I have anything against Chloe, but I hardly know her! So instead of spending my days going to the mall with friends, sleeping in, and crushing on Dean Grayson, Im going to be spending my meals awkwardly and silently sitting across from Chloe and her grabby boyfriend at the kitchen table, an hour away from my friends.

Sounds like fun, right?

It's really too late, anyways. My mom and Ralph already left for the airport, and Chloe should be by any second now to pick me up. I had finished packing an hour ago, and now Im starting to think of leaving something important behind...for an excuse to come back later as an escape from Chloe's dull apartment.

A knock came at my front door, making me jump. I forgot all about my leaving something behind plan, and grabbed my stuff and headed towards the door. I opened it up, expecting to see my half sister, but was unpleasantly surprised to see her obnoxious boyfriend.

"Hey Amber. All set?"

"Hi, yeah. I am. I don't need any help, though. I just have one suitcase and a shoulder bag..."

"Okay cool." He said, stepping aside as I opened the wrought iron, akwardky trying to get my suitcase out behind me. But one of the wheels got stuck somewhere, and I glanced up at him a few times, embarrassed.

He hesitantly took a half step forward, reached his right arm towards the handle once, but pulled it back. He finally made up his mind and muttered, "Just let me...get that for you...if that's...alright...?"

I backed away from the suitcase, and he pulled it out from the door frame. I locked the door behind us, and we walked out to his car.

He pulled out the keys and unlocked it after putting my stuff in the trunk, and I climbed into the passengers seat. he started the car, and we both jumped out of our seats when loud rock music burst from the speakers.

"Whoa..."

"Sorry!" He said, after turning it down. "I was letting out the Led on my way over here."

"You were doing what?"

"I was listening to Led Zeppelin."

"Oh...wasn't that song 'Black Back' by them?"

He gave me a weird look, then said, "Um, no...the song 'Back in Black' is by ACDC."

"Really? Didn't ACDC die of AIDS or something last year?"

"What?! They're a band, Amber."

"Oh! I must of been thinking of someother singer. Sorry, Gareth."

"Yeah, it's okay...but my name is Simon."

"Wow! I was waaaay off! Sorry!"

"Yeah."

Oh dear god how I love messing with Simon! Of course I know who all of those bands are, mom is only in love with Robert Plant from Zeppelin.

We were quiet from then on, me smiling out the window, in my head laughing my ass off. My smile suddenly disappeared as I realized this was probably the most fun Id be having all summer.

Shit.

"I love this song..." Simon mumbled, turnig the radio up. It was "Everlong" by the Foo Fighters.

"Who's this song by?" I asked him.

"Oh...it's by the Foo Fighters."

"Isnt that the name of a movie? I think Zac Efron was in that one...wow he's gorgeous. His songs beat out your this band the Food Fighters any day."

He sighed heavily and I chuckled to myself. This entertainment was better than none.

"So where's Chloe?"

"Her tags were expired, so she couldn't come over to pick you up. It's my lunch break...so I was able to." he said, turning down the radio.

"Oh...well thanks."

"No problem."

It was pretty much quiet after that, and I eventually just fell asleep, slumped against the window.

*************

That's it for this chapter! Sorry if it's short, but I'll upload soon(: don't worry, it's just the beginning(; when things start to pick up, I'll upload several chaps at a time. Thanks!

~autumn<3