iv. qu'est-ce que c'est

Carrie looked like she was straight out of Stephen King's book, the one with her name on it.

Damp pink hair and her gray sweatshirt sprinted with pink dye that could easily pass as red. Nervousness was printed all over her face, along with pink stains on her forehead and beside her ears. She only needed a plastic crown along with a bouquet of flowers and she could easily be the other Carrie.

Having to rinse her hair with a plastic bottle of water on the hospital's parking lot because it started to ache her head, it made her seem like she finally lost all her sanity.

She entered the hospital with a tired look on her face, groaning when she saw the empty spot behind the receptionist counter.

Carrie pressed the bell on the desk many many times, her fingers almost doing the job by themselves. Her eyes scanning the hallway, looking for the receptionist to tell her where Sam's room was.

Finally, a woman entered the room and sat on the chair behind the desk. "Fill these out and take a seat." The woman named Stephanie told her, while grabbing a folder with papers and a pen and giving it to Carrie.

"I'm looking for Samantha Fraser."

"Name?"

"Carrie Walsh."

"Full name?"

Carrie sighed "Isn't that enough?"

"Full name, Carrie."

Carrie sighed. "Jeez, fine. Torrance, with an a, Caroline Walsh." The woman wrote it on a list and looked at Carrie again, then her eyes wandered to Carrie's wet pink hair. "Do you, perhaps, have a bathroom around here?"

"Room 58, bathroom around the corner."

"Nice, thank you!" Carrie smiled at the woman and started walking through the hallway, looking for Sam's door.

"What the fuck happened?" Both Sam and Carrie yelled at each other.

The pink haired girl hurried up to her friend and jumped on the stretcher, landing next to Sam.

"Jesus, Caroline. Sam's fragile at this moment, calm down." Sam's mother spoke to Carrie, a frown reaching her face.

"Sorry ms. Fraser." She smiled at the angry woman and focused on her best friend again. "Now, tell me everything."

"Peter lost control of the car, that's all." Sam explained. Fidgeting her fingers with the sleeves of her hoodie. "What about you?"

"Oh, this?" Carrie asked Sam, grabbing a strand of her hair. "Yeah i can't even explain it." The blonde chuckled.

"Babe, are you okay?" Carrie snapped her head when she saw Peter opening the curtains.

"You, asshole." Carrie jumped off and walked straight to him. "I hope you would've broken an arm at least."

"Carrie!"

"What? He deserves it." Carrie gave Sam a quick look before stating a Peter again. "I'm pretty sure you were about to do something stupid."