Chapter 1

It was a regular tiring morning for Lia Andrews who had spent the whole night looking at the papers and files of her parents, sitting curled up in a blanket by the table. She decided to get some coffee, pulling on her coat and rubbing the sleep from her eyes. The coffee shop was right down the street on the corner so she decided to walk to get some exercise. She entered the cozy building and a bell rang, signaling her presence. Lia ordered her regular caramel latte and sat down, bathing in the warmth and delicious smells of coffee. A few minutes later, a handsome man with dark hair and a leather jacket entered, and slowly walked to where she was sitting. "Hi, may I sit here?", he asked while smiling and pulling out a seat by her table. Lia nodded and ignored him, sipping her coffee and closing her eyes. The man inhaled and quietly whispered, " You shouldn't be looking so closely into your parents' disappearances." She gasped and stood up quickly, causing her chair to fall backward and make a loud noise. The man looked concerned and whispered "I'm not meaning to cause a scene please sit down." Lia looked around and saw people staring at them and quickly picked up the chair and sat down. " T..Tell me your name!" she said, "Who are you and how do you know my parents?!" He grinned and got up, walking casually to the door and leaving. Lia, not wanting to cause a scene again, set down her coffee and speedily walked after him, running when she got out of the shop. "Wait!" she called out, but he acted as if he didn't hear her. She tried to grab his sleeve but he sped up and jogged, getting into a black vehicle and speeding away, leaving Lia in the dust. "W..Wait.." she started to cry quietly, creating a mark where the tear cleaned the dust. She stood sadly until she decided to go back to the shop, walking silently with her head down.