Road trip!

I stared out my window, watching the sunset as trees go by. We just crossed the border to Canada. But as per usual, I forgot to use the washroom, which means I'm gonna have to wait a while for the next gas station.

  "What's wrong with you?" My dad asks looking at me funny.

"Nothing I just forgot to use the washroom." I answered in an annoyed tone. My father then starts hysterically laughing. "What?"

"Oh you just reminded me of something, and also you're a dumbass." He then continues to laugh.

"I'm not a dumbass!" I pathetically defend myself.

"Nianna, sweetheart, you are a dumbass, but it's okay. There are plenty of dumbasses in the world. Surely one of them will love you. Maybe." He muttered the 'maybe', but it was loud enough to hear, then he continued laughing, again.

"That's it, I'm done, I'm officially done! I'm gonna move anywhere far away from you and I'm gonna have 27 cats, 3 dogs, a bunny, a lizard, and a chicken!" I screamed at my father and then turned to look out the window once more.

I've gotta say, after that outburst my father surely shut up then. But not an awkward shut up, more like an 'I still practically won and I'm a very cocky bastard' shut up.

——————————————————————————————————————
  We finally pulled into a parking space in front of an A&W. First thing I did was jump out of the truck and ran to the washroom.

  When I came back out I saw my dad waving me over to the counter so I could order something to eat. So I walked over, fully knowing that if I didn't eat now, I'd be starving for the rest of the night.

"Hello, what would you like to order?" A short blond woman asked me.

"Ummm could I have the Beyond meat burger, and a root beer?" My dad asked.

"And you?"

"I'll have the same thing, please." I answered the woman.

"Alrighty, just wait off to the side and here's your receipt."

Me and my dad walked to the side of the counter. I looked down at the receipt and read 207. So I'm guessing that's our number.

"Umm, number 207!" Another employee called pushing the food on a tray towards us.

We thanked the employee and walked off to go sit in a booth so we could eat our veggie burgers.

I started to eat and my oh my, this burger was good. I'm gonna be completely honest and say that most veggie burgers are freaking dry and gross. No offence to the people that actually like them though. But this one was surprising good. Kudos to A&W.

As we were eating, I looked around, kinda dozing off a little.

  What if the students at my new school don't like me? Am I weird? I can make friends, right? Please tell me that I don't need to wear an uniform? Of course not, what am I talking about?

  "Nianna, you okay?" My dad asks, concerned.

  "Ye-yeah, I'm okay..." I snap myself out of my mental interrogation.

  "Mhmm, okay. Well, since I'm finished, I'm gonna go start the car. You come out when you're ready." Then he stands up and walks away.

  After that I just continue eating, and clean my stuff up.

  *SPASH*

  "What the fuck!" I scream.

  "Oh my, I'm so sorry, not." I look up to see a tall brunette giggling next to a blond haired boy.

  "Why'd you do that for??" I asked, clearly upset.

  "No reason..." Says the giggling brunette, walking away.

  "I-I'm so sorry! She does this to people she doesn't know, only so she can show who's 'boss'. It's quite stupid. Um, can I help you with anything? Once again I'm so, so sorry..." The blond boy rambles on.

  "It's fine, okay? Just, um, go back to whatever you guys were doing." I assure him.

  "Thanks, anyway bye!" He walks off.

  I return back to cleaning up and then walk out to our truck.
—————————————————————————————————————
  "Nianna! What took you so long? Why's your hair wet? Is that iced tea?" My dad questions me.

  "Okay, 1, I was cleaning up and had an accident that caused my hair to be wet, 2, some girl dumped her drink on me, which is the accident, and 3, according to you, yes, it is iced tea." I answer quickly.

  "Alrighty then. Just don't get the seat wet!" I roll my eyes at him.