It's called a unicorn

"We're out, I need to go on a supply run." you said with a small sigh, wearing your jacket, as you walked to Sam whose eyes were fixated on his computer "You need anything?"

"Just the usual thanks." he gave you a tired smile and you gave him a sympathetic one in return.

"Sam, you know you need to catch a break at some point right? I mean it's good that you want to find a way to motivate Jack to- to use his powers for good but... he too needs to catch a break and not think about any of it and you know it." you said softly and he sighed, leaning back in his chair.

"I know, that's the worst of all. I really know he's had to suffer too much these days himself, he's- He's barely holding I think. I mean, I don't know if something happened and I missed it but it's like he's shut down worse than before. I don't know what to do and Dean is-" he sighed in frustration, running his fingers through his hair.

"Is not making it easy, yeah I know." you muttered, completing his sentence as you looked down at your hands "I'll- I'll see if I can talk to him when I come back."

"Thanks, (Y/n). Really, for everything you're doing. I know you're hurting too, maybe just as much as Dean is, but you're putting that aside for the greater good. If it wasn't for you I don't know how I'd be able to handle the whole issue with Jack." he gave you a soft smile but you shook your head.

"Don't mention it, Sammy. You know I'm always here, and as for Jack-" you couldn't help the small smile that formed on your lips at the mention of the nephilim "Well, I guess he grew on me. It's my pleasure to be able to help Sam, in some way he's helping me deal with all of this as well, I only recently realized it. And it makes some sort of peace set in." you shrugged softly.

"Peace, right." he nodded his head but you took notice of the sly smirk that was forming on his lips as he gave you a look and you gasp, rolling your eyes.

"Sam, come on! Shut up, I didn't mean that!"

"I didn't say anything!" a soft chuckle left his lips as he raised his hands in the air "I don't know what you got out of it though." he kept on with the implications and you groaned, facing away when you felt your cheeks starting to heat up.

"Well, you implied it. So it's the same." you groaned "It's not like that, Sam, and you know it. I'm not gonna talk about it anymore." you huffed, almost like a little kid.

"Are you trying to convince me or yourself?" he smirked and raised an eyebrow "I mean, maybe if it's not like that for you it's fine. But you better not say it to the poor kid, will break his heart. If you ask me... I think he has a crush on you." he said just as slyly, in the right way to peak your interest and even if you could see his attempts you couldn't stop yourself from actually being interested.

"What?" you whispered, a frown on your face but when you saw the grin on his face you shook your head "Not the point, Sam. We have more important things to take care of." you took a deep breath in "I'm leaving, I don't know how long it will take I need some fresh air too." you said clearer and louder and he gave you a shrug, giving up on the previous issue.

"Ok, just take care. If anything happens, call." he gave you a small smile and you grabbed the Impala's keys, the sound almost echoing inside the otherwise silent bunker. You took a few steps towards the stairs but before you could make another move you heard a voice behind you.

"Are you leaving?" Jack's voice caught your attention and you turned around to see him standing there with a frown on hisface.

"Uh yes, Jack. For some time, don't worry I won't be long." you have him a small smile and he tilted his head softly.