4

Ariel's POV
I woke up and felt arms wrapped around my waist. I looked up and saw Colby asleep with his mouth opened slightly. That was honestly the cutest thing ever. I saw it was 4pm. Shit. Shit. Shit. I shook him awake. He ended up hitting his head on the headboard.

"Ow." He said. "What?" He asked.

"It's 4, I have to get home." I said.

"Do you?" He asked kissing my head.

"Yes." I said. He sighed and released me. I got dressed back in my regular clothes and I ran my fingers through my hair and tied it back in a ponytail.

"Thank you for staying with me." He said sitting up and stretching.

"Of course." I said. He smiled at me and I got up and grabbed my stuff and he got up and followed me downstairs. I went to walk out but he spun me around and pulled me close to him.

"I'm throwing a party tomorrow night, you need to come." He said.

"I'll try to make it." I said. He nodded and then he pressed his lips on my forehead and kissed it and pulled away. "I'll see you at school tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yes." He said. I walked out and to my car. I got in and started the car and drove off. I got home and parked and I sighed. My mom is going to kill me. I walked inside and saw my mom pacing back and forth. She saw me and stopped.

"What the hell?! You skipped school?" She asked.

"Mom-" I tried cutting her off but she went back to talking.

"Do I have to ship you off to your father? Why the hell did you skip school?" She asked. I think I saw the smoke coming out of her ears.

"I was having a bad day, okay?" I said.

"That doesn't mean you can skip school!" She said.

"In case you haven't noticed, you're not a fantastic mother! I'd rather go live with dad! At least he understands my damn depression!" I yelled at her and ran upstairs. I walked into my room and slammed the door shut locking it. I can't fucking believe her. I took a deep breath and changed and texted Colby.

Ariel: I'm in for the party tomorrow 😉

I wasn't going to wait for a reply. I sat on my bed and went to doing my homework. My phone started ringing and I saw his name pop up. He wanted to FaceTime. I hit accept and put my headphones on. His face appeared and I smiled to myself.

"Everything okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, my mom just completely freaked out about me skipping school today." I said. "She threatened to send me to live with my dad." I rolled my eyes.

"Where does your dad live?" He asked.

"Florida." I said. He sighed. There was a knock on my door. "What, mom?" I asked. She walked in.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Homework and listening to music." I said.

"I just spent the last five minutes thinking and honestly, you need to leave my house. I don't want you here if you're going to disrespect me." She said.

"Me disrespect you? That's fucking rich. Don't worry, I'll leave." I said.

"Where ya gonna go?" She asked.

"Don't worry, you never do." I said. She rolled her eyes and left. I sighed and looked down at my phone.

"Yeah, I heard that." He said. I sighed.

"Sorry about that." I said.

"It's fine, I've had that conversations plenty of times to know." He said. I nodded and sighed. "Wanna come stay with me? My parents are ever rarely home." He said.

"Why's that?" I asked.

"My mom is a fashion designer and my dad just travels a lot." He said shrugging.

"That's gotta suck." I said.

"It does, but that means I can also do whatever I want." He said. I giggled a little.

"Are you sure you want me there? You aren't afraid it's gonna ruin your bad boy cred?" I teased.

"Hush it, I'm sure." He said. I smiled.

"Well my mom works tomorrow, wanna skip school and help me pack?" I asked.

"Sure." He said.

"Well, I'm gonna get off here and finish up homework." I said and turned the camera around so he can see all my stuff spread out on my bed and turned it to face me.

"Alright. Just text me later." He said.

"I will, bye." I said.

"Bye." He said and hung up. I went back to doing my homework until there was a knock on my door.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"Actually, yes, you can. I need your help cooking dinner." She said. I got up and followed her downstairs.

"What are you trying to make?" I asked.

"A Bolognese." She said. I sighed and went over and finished making it.

"You still want me out of the house?" I asked.

"I do." She said. "I'll give you 30 days." She said. I rolled my eyes.

"Don't have to, I'm leaving tomorrow." I said and finished cooking and she started serving herself. I walked upstairs and sat on my bed and went back to doing homework when my phone started ringing. I looked at it and saw an unknown number calling me. I answered putting my phone to my ear. "Hello?" I asked.

"Hi, is this Ariel?" The person said. It was a guy.

"Uh, yeah, who is this?" I asked.

"This is Cage, Colby's brother." He said.

"Okay, how did you get my number?" I asked.

"From his phone. Listen, he's in the hospital." He said.

"What?! What happened?" I asked throwing my books to the side and I changed into jeans, a hoodie and sneakers. I grabbed my bag and keys.

"He got into a car accident, it was nasty." He said.

"What hospital?" I asked. Once he told me I hung up and ran downstairs and I was about to go out the house when my mom stopped me.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"Don't worry." I said and with that I was out the door and jumping into my car and drove off.

~~~~~~~~
Uh oh, he's in the hospital. Why does Ariel care so much if they are just starting to hang out? Is she starting to get feelings for him?

Follow
Vote
Comment 🤪