Title your Story Part

"Hey Kai, guess who I saw at the grocery store," said Nya as she laid some freshly purchased groceries on the table.

"Ooooo... Cake mix!" exclaimed Cole.

Kai rolled his eyes at his cake-obsessed brother. "Who?"

"Lucy," smirked Nya.

Kai's mouth dropped a little in surprise. He worked his jaw back and forth like he wanted to say something but closed his mouth and turned to fiddle with the groceries.

Cole looked up from his intense examination of his box of cake mix. "Ooo Kai's got a crush!" he teased.

"I don't have a crush on her! Kai replied sharply. "We were just really good childhood friends."

"Sure, sure," Cole nodded, grinning playfully.

"I don't like her!" exclaimed Kai.

From the kitchen, Nya snickered. "NYYYAAAA!" exploded Kai.

Nya shrugged her shoulders and bit her lip to try to keep from laughing out loud at her brother's expense. Cole on the other hand had fallen to the floor, still clutching his box of cake mix, and was laughing his head off.

Kai, trying to make use of the dignity he had left, stalked over to Cole and grabbed his collar and snatched the cake mix away from the other ninja's grasp. Cole immediately started to say something but Kai cut him off growling,"I. Don't. Like. Her. And not a WORD about this to the others or I will personally see that your shag of greasy black hair hangs over my bed. Got it?" Cole rolled his eyes and massaged his neck as Kai dropped him. "Whatever. Can I have my cake mix back? I wasn't done with it."

"Sheesh you might as well bake it now," Kai smirked.

"Great idea Kai! I'll go ask Zane to help me make this for desert!" exclaimed Cole as he dashed to the game room.

Kai rolled his eyes and loped into the kitchen and leaned against the counter as he watched Nya put away the groceries and clean the kitchen, which would be relatively pointless if Cole was planning on making cake for dessert.

"What do you want Kai?" Nya sighed, interrupting Kai's thoughts.

"How'd you know I wanted to ask you something?" Kai asked, surprised.

Nya raised an eyebrow. "Really? It's obvious. You stand there watching me, don't help, and don't blow your top. What do you need?"

Kai sighed and looked to the door in case anyone was snooping around, searching fora little gossip tidbit. He needed to be able to talk to his sister in private. "I wanted to ask you about . . . Lucy," he sighed reluctantly.

I hope you all enjoyed my first chapter. Please review for more if you liked it.

Next >