• when fate argued with her

d a t i n g

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

"Good night, good night!

Parting is such sweet sorrow,

That I shall say good night till

It be morrow."

- William Shakespeare

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

w h e n s h e w a s a p a l l e d

"Every waking moment, he tried not to seem like fireworks were exploding in his chest whenever she smiled at him."

[ 1 4 d a y s c l o s e r t o d e a d ]

"Graham Pierce, congratulations," Principle Mark murmured through his teeth, managing to plaster a thin-lipped smile across his rather unenthusiastic face. After spending the past forty minutes handing out diplomas to kids who clearly hated him, the exhausted principle couldn't even bring himself to be excited for the students he actually liked. But, no matter, Graham still let loose a roguish grin that seemed practically risque on his features - causing more than one girl to stare a little longer than necessary. Finally exiting the stage Graham scanned the mass of his entire student body, noticing that the seats beside Teddy and Dennis were both filled by their girls of the moment. Rolling his eyes, he reaches up to adjust his cap, and right then, he spies Faith, who by some small miracle had an empty seat by her.
Walking two rows down, he precedes to squeeze by several disgruntled people, but it really wasn't his fault she'd chosen to sit in the exact middle. After issuing one too many 'excuse me's' he more or less collapses in the seat, fighting back a groan when he sees that she hasn't even noticed him yet. Graham looks down at her, chuckling lightly at the way she was almost comically absorbed in the ceremony - her eyes wide and perfectly focused up on the front.

"Hey, wanna come out to the Rocky's Diner with me and the guys later?" Faith blinked suddenly, and jerked her head back, now fully aware of the blonde haired boy seated next to her and what he was asking. She chewed on her lip while thinking about her options, one - go home and deal with her annoyingly sad father - or two - hang out with Graham, and all of his insanely popular friends, and the girls they brought along. Either way she would be the odd man- woman, out, at least with option two she would be with Graham . . . and his friends . . . at a restaurant.

"Like a date?" She wonders aloud, slightly confused, and not at all flattered - fingers tapping softly on the armrest of her chair. Graham shrugged casually, his broad shoulders lifting precariously up, then down whilst looking completely indifferent, "if you want to think of it that way; it's more like I needed someone to bring along, and I decided that I might as well bring along a girl actually like and don't have to pretend to tolerate." Faith lets out a gentle laugh at his bluntly honest statement, "sure, I've got nothing better to do."

The corners of his mouth twitch up, "great." Faith nods before turning back to the graduations. Graham took this opportunity to look her over, pleasantly surprised that she was content to remain just friends, that she didn't have any ulterior motives - and most of all, that she wasn't all over him. Sure it was nice when girls were interested in him, but it happened so often, and so sloppily that he's learnt to avoid situations where his face gave away any other emotion than rejection. And then there was the fact that she would be dying - something that he had to force his mind not to think about because that meant she would be gone.