Flowers

The two week Olympic break was over and Brayden still living with me. Still no word from my mom. My stress and depression got even worse. I barely was talking, I ate, but not a lot, I sat around and did nothing. I watched some hockey, but it wasn't as great as it used to be.

One night, my stress got so bad I had an anxiety attack. The anxiety attack led to and asthma attack. I've never had asthma before. Brayden had to rush me to the hospital. The doctor prescribed me some pills and an inhaler to keep the attacks in control.

Brayden's been calling my mom though, giving her updates on me. Sometimes, Brayden would go outside and talk to her, keeping things private. He would nod his head and say things like "okay" and "uh huh". He wouldn't tell me what they were talking about.

I was sitting at home alone. It was almost 1 in the morning. The Flyers were playing the Blue Jackets in Columbus. The game ended hours ago but the team was traveling back to Philly right away.

I felt that my pills weren't working. I was crying hysterically. I was pissed at myself. I was overthinking too many things. I wasn't there for Caitlin when she was in the hospital. I wasn't there for her, ever really. I took her for granted. She doesn't deserve to be dead. I'm the piece of shit, I should've been dead, not my baby sister.

I couldn't take it anymore. I wound up my fist and punched the wall in anger. I wasn't thinking and I ended up hurting my hand more than I hurt the wall, my knuckles were bleeding.

I ended up in the bathroom somehow. I had my hands on my depression pills. I popped 3 more. I already had my two for the time I was awake, for the day technically. I just didn't feel right.

___________

I woke up in a hospital bed. A nervous Brayden was gripping my left hand. My right hand was wrapped. I must've blacked out or something, I don't remember what I did last night.

"Oh my god, Kaylee," Brayden hugged me awkwardly because I was laying in the hospital bed. "You scared the shit out of me."

"What the hell happened?" My head was throbbing.

"I came home and you were lying on the bathroom floor and there was blood everywhere. You fell and cracked your head on the counter. Your depression pills were open and all over the place, I had to call 911," Brayden informed me.

"What about my hand?" I mumbled.

"You punched the wall and broke it," Brayden cracked a humble smile and kissed my forehead.

Brayden was watching TV while I was resting. I had stitches in my head and a concussion from hitting the bathroom counter. My eyes were shut and I was dazing off when Brayden got a text message.

"I have a surprise for you," Brayden said, getting up.

My eyes fluttered open.

He walked over to the door and opened it.

Sean, Zac, and Jake walked in, holding balloons, flowers and a box of cupcakes.

"You didn't have to do this," I smiled for the first time in what seems like forever.

"We wanted to," Jake said in his accent.

Zac tied the balloons to my bed and Sean set the flowers on the windowsill. Brayden dug right into the cupcakes.

"KAYLEE!" Zac cried, hugging me.

"Don't yell please," I said.

"Sorry," he whispered.

"Yo dude, you punched a wall and broke your hand, that's totally badass," Sean laughed.

"I don't mean to brag but..." I grinned.

"Oh! One more thing," Brayden said, mouth full of chocolate cupcake. He waved his hand towards the door.

"Hey Kay," the man said.

It was Anthony Ryan.