M4

Maddog watched Rylee from across the table. He had an IV rack next to him and a tube sticking out of his arm. He was eating soup and kept spilling because the tube got in the way.

“Madster, are you going to eat your soup? You haven’t touched it this entire time,” Rylee asked, concerned. Her wild eyes flicked up and met his big clear ones. Her expression was disturbed.  

“Somebody did that to you…” She murmured. Her small hands were slightly shaking.

“Maddog, its not that big of deal. I actually just tripped and scraped myself. I did this!” He laughed nervously. She could tell he was lying.

“Hmph,” she grunted. She stared at the little drip of fluid in the IV. She thought about how she should punish the one that hurt her Ryry. Slow and excruciating. They would become best friends with pain. She suddenly had an idea. “Oh my Gerard!” She shouted.

“What?” Rylee asked, a little panicked.

“I’m off!” She shouted, running out the front door, leaving her soup cold and untouched.

Darcee smirked at Juliet’s anxious face. She was holding the doll and a silver plate, and the wind was messing up her thick brown hair. James was holding a knife and a lighter. They were crouched outside Daphne’s bedroom in a thick branched oak tree. She was sitting on her floor playing with plushies.

“Look at all her cool plushies!” Juliet said.

“Yeah! I bet she has seven million!” James added.

“Shut up guys, what if one of the guards notices us?!” Darcee scolded. She was holding the hairbrush above her head like she was going to hit them with it. They cowered and ducked their heads.

"Sorry," they said.

"I accept your apologies. Juliet, put the plate on the flat part of the branch in front of you," Darcee commanded. Juliet did as she was told. Darcee took the plushie and pulled a few curly blonde hairs from the brush. She wrapped them around the plushie and grinned evilly. She put it in the silver plate and used a sharpie to draw some odd symbols in it. The entire plate glowed with a greenish light before fading back and looking normal. Darcee picked up the doll and moved the arm above its head. Daphne's arm did the same. She stared fearfully at her arm and started to scream. Darcee giggled and motioned to James for the lighter. Juliet's and James's eyes sparkled with excitement as Darcee burned a hole through Daphne's arm. James relished the sound of the scream and handed her the knife next.

"How about... No?" Kitty said. Joe looked at her with pleading eyes.

"Please? It will be fun!" He implored. Kitty glanced cautiously at the ballroom floor.

"I don't know how to waltz," she stated. Joe have her a funny look.

"How did you know that they were waltzing then?"

"I wasn't looking at them, I was listening to the music. This is obviously a waltz, you can tell by the counting." Joe was impressed.

"Come on! Just follow my lead, it's easy once you get into it," he said, grabbing her hand and pulling her up from her seat at the table. She took the last swig of her coffee and followed him. He pulled her onto the polished wooden floor and took her hand in his, and put his other hand on her shoulder blade.