chapter five: back on track

Grace's POV: "where is Jake?" I asked Axel while taking a bite out of my bagel. "I don't know." He said muffled while wolfing down a egg sandwich, I watched his ears twitch, leaned over and stroked them making him blush. "G-grace their really sensitive." He breathed. "I know, and their so soft, you foxes are so pretty and soft." I told him while scratching a little bit harder. "Grace your making him purr like a neko." Jake said as he walked into the plane and grabbed some eggs from the fridge. "Where have you been?" I asked, giving Jake a death stare. "Healing Vincent from ptsd." He said. Axel started to stroke my wings and massage my back. "It took you that long?" I asked, arching my back a bit. "Yeah, being powerless means I have to do things normaly." He said before putting eggs in a pan and cooking them on the stove. "You look a bit down bud." Axel said to Jake. "Yeah. They asked me to stay with them," Jake sighed. "I almost did." He mumbled. "Why didn't you?" Me and Axel asked. "Because you two are more family to me then any powerless human." He said with tears in his eyes. "Come here." I said. Jake walked over and was given a group hug from me and Axel. "I love you guys." Jake cried. "Love you to dude." Axel replied, muffled from his face being buried into Jake's shirt. "Let's get back in the air." I said with a smile, broke the hug and walked to the cockpit.

Max's POV: "it's been nearly a month and all whe have done is sit around. I might have to go alone." I said to myself as I layed on Axel's bed. "Papa won't be much help as he can't see, Ron and April just had their baby and will stay here. So yeah I'm alone." I sighed and rolled over ontop of something hard and weird shaped underneath the covers. "What's this?" I asked the empty room as I flipped the covers over and saw a L shaped cane top that was glowing a light blue. "A cane peice?" I looked at it confused until my thoughts were interrupted by a tap on my head and a familiar face when I looked up.

Galaxy's POV: "Ronan needs that." I said pointing to the cane top as Max stared at me with a shocked expression. I grabbed the peice and Max before teleporting back into the van and giving it to Ronan. "Thank you. Also Max welcome back." Ronan said. "What's going on?" Max said as she pulled out two self loading crossbows that were holsterd to her hips. "No need to shoot we are only recruiting you so I don't have to go and rob stuff." I told Max which made her holster her crossbows as Star entered the van. "Alright we are set to leave." Star reported "Wait your going to rob stuff and have me help?" Max asked confused as Ronan started the van and drove. "It's my father's relics Max." Ronan said. "Oh, well I have sleep darts in my crossbows so yeah I'll help!" She mewed.