Prologue

"Mama?" I called out to my mother. She doesn't even glance at me so I called her again.

"Mama?" Again she doesn't even glance. But now I noticed how her hands is shaking.

I become impatient because I want to play dolls right away. So I grab her shaking hands.

"Mama!" This time she looks at me. She looks startled.

I also noticed how her lips trembles even though she's smiling at me.

"Y-yes baby?"

I pouted and pointed at my precious dolls who's waiting for me to be play with.

"Oh! Right.." she shakily laugh and scratches the back of her head.

" Uhm.. baby. Please listen to Mama first, ok? After this, we will play dolls. I promise."

The first thing comes to my mind is that we will play games or something like that.

" We will play hide and seek?" I giddily jump up and down while clapping.

I love hide and seek.

She laughed." Yes baby. So just stay here in your room and never go out, ok? Not until I call you."

I pouted.

It's different from other hide and seek.

" Okaaaaay."

I'm bored.

I poke the cheeks of my teddy bear then glance at my pink door. It's been 30 minutes since Mama left. And I've been dying to go out but it's against the rule. So I have no choice but to stay here and wait and wait and wait.

BANG!

I immediately jumped out of the bed right away when I hear the noise.

Is that the signal?

I put on my fluffy pink slippers then turn the knob of my door. I look outside​ to find my Mama but she wasn't there.

Where's she?

" Mama?"

I search for her in their room but no sign of her.

" Mama? Where arthou? We're going to play dolls pa diba?"

Bang!

I almost cry in frustration but that's when I hear that noise again. It comes from our living room.

I ran out from that room and excitedly step down from the stairs.

On the last step, it was like I was hit by a wrecking ball resulting me to stop in the track. The smile that was form in my lips the whole time washed out from my face.

My precious doll slipped out of my hand because it was violently shaking.

The scene in front of me is like a night mare.

My mother is on the floor, blood flowing out of her body.

And my father. Just like mother blood is also coming out of her body. His eyes are open like he was in shock.

I want to cry out loud but no words come out from me.

•••••••

"Leign!"

I instant grab my gun, jump out of bed and pointed it out at the person who wakes me up. But also regretted it when I realized who it is.

" T-tito!" I blurted out. I pocketed the gun and walk towards him.

" Omaygad. I'm so sorry Tito. Akala ko kasi kung sino na."

" Nah. It's okay" He smiled reassuringly. I smiled at him too.

Pero sa loob loob ko hindi okay yun. Kasi paano kung naiputok ko yun. Edi chugi na agad si Tito Pong.

But I'm also thankful na ginising nya ako. Because Im having that bad dreams again.

" Nandito nga pala ako para sabihin na 8:00 na missy. You're going to be late if you do not hurry up."

Halos lumuwa ang mata ko dahil sa narinig.

"What?! 8:00?! Hindi ako malelate! Dahil late na talaga akoooo!" Mukha kong tangang nagsisigaw sa kwarto.