Chapter 3: The Train Ride Part 1/3

I get on the train wishing I could saw one last goodbye to district 2. Shayla Says we are free to roam around on the train as long as we want until super. I don't bother to look where Alex is going. I'm to mad at him, I don't want to have to kill my best friend. I decide to go to the back of the train to look and say goodbye to district 2 for the last time. I sit on the soft leather couch and watch as the district shrinks in the distance. I get waken up by a sound of a door opening. I shoot up at look at the door, but no ones there. "Who's there?" I ask looking around. I get surprised by Alex sitting next to me. "Alex!" I say playfully punching his arm and laughing. "What?" He says innocently, smiling at me, I roll my eyes, smiling back at him. I turn back to watch the view of the forest and plains.

We sit there for what feels like forever until one moment. He lifts my chin , I look into his eyes but then time stops. He kisses me. Our lips move in sync, better then any I've had before. The door knob moves and we freeze. We look straight outside as if nothing happened. "Supper!" Shayla calls. We get up and walk to the dining room, Alex grabs my hand and for once I realize I might like him more then a friend.