Chapter One: Well, Dunbar, Pick Your Poison

Liam had a choice to make. He either went into the woods alone in the middle of the night, or he went with Theo Raeken.

"Well, Dunbar, pick your poison." Theo said sharply.

Scott had decided to send Liam out to the woods to investigate the hunters, as everyone was searching elsewhere.

Liam had been thinking for quite a while, but eventually made what would either be the best or worst decision in his life.

"I'll go with Theo." he said, sounding a bit more nervous than he'd intended.

Theo smirked proudly. "Alright then. Let's go. But first, Malia, you owe me twenty bucks."

"I'll pay up later..." she mumbled, sounding defeated.

Theo sighed. "Fine. Well, Dunbar, how about we head out now."

Theo pulled Liam behind him by the forearm as he walked out of the door. He pushed Liam in front of him and closed the door.

Liam glared at Theo.

"What?" Theo asked, genuinely not knowing what he had done wrong.

"Don't push me..." Liam growled.

"Fine." Theo responded, seeming nonchalant about the Beta's anger.

Liam took off running towards the woods and Theo soon followed.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

They had been walking for a while and hadn't noticed much. Liam was too distracted by his nerves, but Theo was distracted by Liam on his own.

There was a soft sound of a twig breaking behind them and they both turned around quickly. Suddenly an arrow was speeding towards Liam, but Theo got in the way first.

Liam had his eyes shut tight, knowing he couldn't get out of the way before the arrow hit. But, oddly, he was never hit. He opened his eyes and looked at Theo, who was growling at the hunter, causing them to flee.

Theo calmed down once the hunter was gone and tried to pull the arrow out of his arm. Liam stood and tried to help.

"Is it wolfsbane?" Liam asked, now more worried than he had been before.

"No, I don't think so..." Theo mumbled, pushing the arrow through the back of his arm since it had started to heal.

He winced slightly, but ended up getting the arrow out. Liam was relieved that it didn't have wolfsbane. He wasn't sure why he was glad about this, as he had wanted Theo dead many times before.

Theo held the arrow tight in his hand before digging it into the nearest tree out of anger.

Liam stepped back a bit, now more frightened of Theo than he had been the hunter.

Theo tried to calm down, but he couldn't.

"Follow me." he growled, walking with quick, wide strides.

Liam followed, wondering what Theo was up to and where they were going.